Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who really cares about the royal baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Other than William and Kate themselves and their family and friends, and maybe British citizens, why should the rest of us care about the "royal baby?" I'm happy for them as I am for any couple who announces the birth of their child, but to devote hours of news coverage, countless resources, and so much time to staking out the palace and hospital, etc., is just insane.

I just don't understand all the hype - do you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM
3 moms liked this

The people who are waiting by the TV and twitter hoping for a glance of the new "royal baby" are the same that are at the edge of their seats waiting to see Kimye's baby (who I suspect must be quite ugly, so they are waiting for her to pretty up before they release a pic) and every other 'celebrity baby'.

Those are the people who live such dull inconsequential lives that they project their worth onto the rich and famous of the world.  

As for me.  I will probably thumb through the magazines as I am waiting to check out at the grocery store.  But I won't be buying any special royal editions. 

LuvMyBoys09
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh Like you, Im happy for them having a baby, like I would be for any other couple but I'm no more fascinated with their baby than I am with anybody elses baby that I don't know.
SeventiesChild
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I have been casually following the story. It's a nice story...a continuation of the fairytale started by Charles and Diana. If I was a Brit, however, I wouldn't camp outside the hospital, no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really think that's such a fairy tale. After all, their marriage ended and she was very unhappy throughout, aside from having her children. In a fairy tale, the couple lives happily ever after, together. They don't divorce and then have one of them die in a fiery crash after being chased by photogs.

Quoting SeventiesChild:

I have been casually following the story. It's a nice story...a continuation of the fairytale started by Charles and Diana. If I was a Brit, however, I wouldn't camp outside the hospital, no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM

It's alot of coverage for sure but it isn't really hurting anyone is it? If you don't want to see it turn it off.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I think it's awesome, I'd rather hear about the baby then other BS that's been in the news.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I care more about and the royal baby than the kardashblahblah.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I do. I just don't see the point and thought maybe someone could explain it to me. I guess I'm just not celeb-obsessed like the braindead masses so I can't understand it.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's alot of coverage for sure but it isn't really hurting anyone is it? If you don't want to see it turn it off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this

It is better than hearing about Zimmerman or Paula Deen or any of that crap, but not by much. It's gotten so I just turn the TV off and pick up a book instead.

Quoting lapcounter:

I think it's awesome, I'd rather hear about the baby then other BS that's been in the news.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I think it is awesome. Turn off the tv is ya don't like it. Rather hear about that than the stupid protesting and whatever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)