Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

EW you wash your dishes with that?!?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 69 Replies

I have a dishwasher but I don't use it.  I hand wash everything because I think its quicker and easier for me. Unless we do a huge dinner/dinner party or something. I use a sponge and dish soap to wash the dishes but I change my sponge every 10-15 days because I don't like to over use it. I went to a friends house and we were just chatting and she says she doesnt replace her until it starts falling apart.... How long do you use your sponge for? Just curious.

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Docgirl2000
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I keep my sponge til it starts to fall apart. But i try to sanitize it once every 1 to 2 weeks with apple cider vinegar or bleach then i nuke it in the microwave. Helps me clean the micro too! :o)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Until it gets ugly. A month at least. I sanitize it every other day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fordprefect
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

At least once every two weeks. When I use dish cloths, I wash daily 

jlmc
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm I guess I never thought of trying to sanitize it.

Quoting Docgirl2000:

I keep my sponge til it starts to fall apart. But i try to sanitize it once every 1 to 2 weeks with apple cider vinegar or bleach then i nuke it in the microwave. Helps me clean the micro too! :o)

Docgirl2000
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Originally i just soaked it in bleach then nuked it to clean the sponge. Took me a bit to realize how much easier it was to clean the micro right after i was done nuking the sponge. Lol. Sometimes im a little slow.

Quoting jlmc:

Hmm I guess I never thought of trying to sanitize it.

Quoting Docgirl2000:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lissetteg
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I dont use the dishwasher(saves me money not to) so I also hand wash. I throw my sponge out when it start to falls apart. My sister buys a new one every week doesnt like how it smells and I tell her to wash it in bleach but she doesnt like cleaning her dishes with an old sponge. I tell her she is weird and she just laughs it off. :) Love my sis!

jlmc
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Yea for me it is the smell that bothers me! I am gonna look into sanitizing it and different ways to because that would save waste and money,

Quoting Lissetteg:

I dont use the dishwasher(saves me money not to) so I also hand wash. I throw my sponge out when it start to falls apart. My sister buys a new one every week doesnt like how it smells and I tell her to wash it in bleach but she doesnt like cleaning her dishes with an old sponge. I tell her she is weird and she just laughs it off. :) Love my sis!

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Till it falls apart.  I disinfect it in the microwave once a week.

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I cant do sponges...EEWW!  I use a brush, when I hand was something and then clean it with bleach so it doesnt gather bacteria.

907PickleMom
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I use a sponge on dishes for about a month and then wash the counter and dog bowls until it falls apart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)