• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You wanna know why...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

everyone is excited about the Royal Birth? Because for once we have good news in the world. No one died, no one was killed. I find it ridiculous that FB and CM were filled with post about shootings and prison and terrible news. But when the birth of a healthy baby boy arrives everyone wonders what the hype is... Am I the only one who thinks our priorities need to straightened out?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Nope. But I know a lot of people have been up in arms about it because it has sparked yet another abortion debate because of people calling him a baby before he was born when it was actually a fetus.. Yep.. Good times. The only people on my facebook saying they don't care are all of those that are for abortion. I think the whole world should celebrate when a child is born because at least that means the world will go on.

atmsmom2011
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree it is amazing to hear good news for once.

jlmc
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Oh man am I glad I missed that topic of discussion.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. But I know a lot of people have been up in arms about it because it has sparked yet another abortion debate because of people calling him a baby before he was born when it was actually a fetus.. Yep.. Good times. The only people on my facebook saying they don't care are all of those that are for abortion. I think the whole world should celebrate when a child is born because at least that means the world will go on.

craftoholic925
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I don't understand all the hype...I mean congrats to them, but whoopty doo.  Unless you're a friend or family member, etc. It's not really that important to me(especially if it's a celebrity).

You can't really say the same of the shootings, etc.  I automatically think "what's being done to stop it? How will it effect my family? Is this really what the world is coming to? More focused on celebrity gossip/news rather than things that are happening to real ppl?

jlmc
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I don't view it as celebrity gossip, I view it as a happy couple having a baby, a healthy happy baby. They are important people and being royal means something specia in their country. It's like Michelle Obama daughter having a baby except way more important, . Now Kim k I consider celebrity gossip. There is a huge difference.
I know being a prince or princess means nothing to us and it is not as important as it use to be but there are very few left and its exciting for them. 

Quoting craftoholic925:

I don't understand all the hype...I mean congrats to them, but whoopty doo.  Unless you're a friend or family member, etc. It's not really that important to me(especially if it's a celebrity).

You can't really say the same of the shootings, etc.  I automatically think "what's being done to stop it? How will it effect my family? Is this really what the world is coming to? More focused on celebrity gossip/news rather than things that are happening to real ppl?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)