Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

E-reader or Book?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 41 Replies

Poll

Question: e-reader or book?

Options:

Book

e-reader

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

Do you prefer using an e-reader i.e kindle, cell phone, ipad or would you rather go to the bookstore and purchase the actual book? Dh loves having the actual book, I do too but its so much easier and cheaper to just order it and have it on my kindle in seconds.

What do you ladies prefer?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I was reluctant to enter the ereader world, until I realized  that I can carry thousands of books in a tablet the size of a paperback. As someone who loves to read, it is convenient to be able to carry an entire library wherever I go.

Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Depends, if it's taking my son to the hospital or an extended visit somewhere, then e reader, if it's at home then book. Lol
GOBryan
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I so prefer the e-reader. It also reduces clutter and dust since I dont' have to store the hard copies on a shelf. I'm all for Less is More. 

Quoting jadedcynic:

I was reluctant to enter the ereader world, until I realized  that I can carry thousands of books in a tablet the size of a paperback. As someone who loves to read, it is convenient to be able to carry an entire library wherever I go.

Bookoholic
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the hard copies, I find it hard for me to actually read a book on an electronic device, its not as appealing to me.
The_Doodle
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I love actual books and was reluctant to get a Kindle but now I love it. I love that I can access so many books and I am more willing to try out new authors when I can pay 3 bucks to read their work instead of 10. The Kindle has actually...er...rekindled (haha) my love for reading because for a long time, I was rereading my old books over and over because I couldn't afford hard copies for a while...so my desire to read started dropping.

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I prefer the book.  I don't have an ereader, so what ebooks I do have are on my laptop.  Prefer paper.

LokisMama
by Megan on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I prefer books, though I do use an ereader for the convenience.

Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I use a mix. Some I just want to " have" physically have.

Also, my lil loves "book" books, which I'm thrilled with.

My son prefers the tablet version except for a certain author. So he's like me, some he really wants to physically turn the pages and savor every word. He wants to " keep" keep certain books. :-)
TimetoMomUp
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I joined the ereader world in 2010.  At first I was all like, "Oh, I want real books," but I found out I can have both!  Why pick just one?  There are thousands of excellent free books on Kindle and I still go to Goodwill on the first Saturday of each month and pick up some .50 cent books. 

ZoeCY
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:07 PM

At home I prefer the actual book but if we are going somewhere taking my kindle with a ridiculous number of books on it is much easier!  (Although I too prefer the price of the books on the kindle)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN