Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Hoping for a girl..what do you think?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have two boys and I'm hoping for a girl.  The name Elizabeth runs in my mother's side of the family.  Every generation has had an Elizabeth.  Being the only girl left, it's up to me to name her Elizabeth.  The middle name stumps me.  What about Elizabeth Jade?  Thoughts?

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TinkTink205
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM

BUMP!

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't like mixing traditional names with trendy ones. I have an Elizabeth grace. Katherine Mary. I like classic and classy names. Jade is over used and oddly as a teacher I've noticed not a single one of the dozens of jades are very bright! The name is tainted for me, as is jaden.
moonlight311
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Beautiful name I would use it in a heartbeat

mollgirl59
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice name. My daughter(almost 18) is Emma Teresa after hubby's grandmother. Very old fashioned.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I don't like jade at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM

First of all, you make it sound like you 'have' to name her (if you do have a girl) Elizabeth.  Just because there has been an Elizabeth in every generation doesn't necessarily mean there has to be one this generation.  I somehow get the feeling that you feel more obligated to name her that than want to name her that.  As for the Jade, if that's a name you and your dh like, then go for it.  Personally I like the name Jade, but not particularly with Elizabeth.  I'm with NDADanceMom about mising the traditional & trendy; they don't seem to sound all that great together too often.  Elizabeth is a traditional, and somewhat classic name and needs something of the same nature to go with it.   Elizabeth Rose is classic, or if you do want a bit more on the trendy side, something like Elizabeth Jo.  But then this all just my personal opinion .. this is your baby and you need to follow your heart.  Might want to consider a boys name though, just to be safe!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM
My dd is Caroline Elizabeth. I know an Elizabeth Caroline too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlmc
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I am not a fan of the combo. I like Elizabeth but its traditional and soft. Jade is strong and new, it is a little too strong and takes away from the beautiful name Elizabeth.

sunflower37
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Elizabeth is a beautiful name.

aubreesgamma
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:09 AM

i dont like it,what about elizabeth denise?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)