Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Expecting twins and I want to know genders...

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:13 AM
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

So I am 13 w 4d with fraternal twins and happy. I won't get my next ultra sound till 20 weeks to find out gender. So I was googling on ways to find out gender, ol wives tales, anything of that sort by ultra sound and I came across a couple of theories, the nub theory is the one I saw most accurate guessing results. I kind of dont get it but it doesn't hurt to guess and I would love if other people have me their opinions and occupy myomd a little until I go to dr for gender test. Now in this ultra sound twin a measured 12 w 6 d and heartbeat was 171 and twin b measured 12 w 4 d and heart beat was 184.... Now twin a didn't move too much and it's a decent photo but twin b would not sit still if life depended on it so not too good of picture but I would greatly appreciate if y'all fellow members would just entertain the idea and give me your lucky guess... So what do u say, what is ur guess?
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megalicious27
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Mobile Photo

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Honestly I suck at reading those things unless it's VERY obvious, but I'd say your guesses are as good as any.

Good luck!

Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Why not pay for a 3D ultrasound out of pocket at 16 weeks?
Megalicious27
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Bump
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Quoting bamababe1975:

Honestly I suck at reading those things unless it's VERY obvious, but I'd say your guesses are as good as any.

Good luck!

TitaniumBiscuit
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all, CONGRATS on having twins!  That's exciting!  I honestly wouldn't try and count on any wive's tales of any sort, though.  You may get too excited and if the U/S at 20w shows otherwise, it may ruin that fun of finding out for sure.  Wait until 20w.  Good things come to those who wait!  :)

midjet117
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

17 weeks then they can tell what the genders are untill then you just gotta be patient

jlmc
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Guessing girls. Twin b I think is likely a girl. Girls tend to have faster heart rates and my ds heartbeat was around 154,obvipusly nnot really a way to definitely determine but it's my guess!
OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I found out the sex of mine at my 15 week ultrasound. Those two boys were proud and showing off!

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM

First of all congrats. I am the mother of twin sons. I really can't tell anything from the pics....sorry. I had amniosenthesis done at 16 wks. which told me the sex and if they had any major health issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN