Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I have a dentist appt tomorrow and am nervous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My tooth is being extracted. The last tooth that was extracted was a nightmare. She pumped my mouth full of numbing medicine but I still felt every bit of it. I had panic attacks while waiting for her to pull the tooth in the first place and now I'm having another. How do I calm myself in the chair tomorrow?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Prayer!  Sorry, that's all I got ... dentist appointments don't bother me, or anyone in our family for that matter.

TitaniumBiscuit
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Maybe explain what happened last time and perhaps you can suggest that they put you under for this one?  Good luck though, either way!  :(

midjet117
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:02 PM

dont think about it. I know easier said than done. My first extraction that I ever had done went great. It took longer to numb me than it did for my tooth to get pulled. The second one was horrible. I felt like I was at a "mad" dentists office. My roots were a lot deeper than he thought. Maybe this experience will be a better experience. I wouldnt stress too terribly. good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Thanks ladies

storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Breathing can help calm you.  Even just a few big deep breaths before you go in the office.

Snakecharm
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Bring music and noise canceling headphones and try to breath deep and go into your own world. Almost like meditation.
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Find a dentist that does sedation dentistry. They even knock you out for cleanings.
25beengoodtome
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I was always amazed the dentist would charge the exact amount I had in my checking account!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Thanks ladies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)