Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Need some advice about my 15 month old son and his diapers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have a 15 moth old son and recently I have been having troubles with him keeping his diaper on when he goes to bed. I make sure he has pants in over his diaper but he will take his pants off and his diaper off. I don't want to put him in a one piece pajamas since it is in the middle of the summer. Any advice I can get would be great. Thank you.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Potty train. My dd was 17 months and decided she didn't want to wear them so we taught her to use the potty. Better sooner than later IMO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I think I might have to start. When he takes his diaper off and we are down starts he will run to the bottom of my stairs and pee. He has not peed anywhere else. So I guess he is showing signs of knowing when he has to go. Thank you for the advice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM
You're welcome. I'm watching my SIL struggle to get her nearly 4 year old trained. He's old enough now that its a power struggle between them. I think it's better to teach them the potty before they get to the age of true power struggles.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I might have to start. When he takes his diaper off and we are down starts he will run to the bottom of my stairs and pee. He has not peed anywhere else. So I guess he is showing signs of knowing when he has to go. Thank you for the advice.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Turn the diaper around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Put the diaper on backwards or maybe get pull ups. Granted if he can take his pants off he may also be able to get the pull up off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTE11
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I would say go to Goodwill (or a cheap store, Walmart) and buy some light cotton footed PJs for a few bucks and cut the legs off at the feet and arms off at the elbows. The only way I can keep my DD dressed is to put a one piece PJ suit on her backwards and I'm not buying $20 Carters suits only to chop them off. Good luck!

Jmom4
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM

What about a onsies? Or even a cloth diaper with safety pins. You could even put a cloth diaper over a regular....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Thank you all. I also have a 8 1/2 year old daughter and I never had this problem with her. My son most definitely has my stubbornness, temper, and strong will. I am also have troubles with him unplugging my lamp and turning my tv off. I tell him no and correct him but all he does is laugh at me. I try to get his attention on other things and it works for about 10 minutes then it's back to the things he got in trouble for. I am going through a divorce plus going to school full time at night along with raising my kids on my own. With it being summer I have both of my kids at home all the time while I am trying to study. It's not easy. I am going to school to be a paramedic and they only offer my classes at night. Sometime I am up until 2 or 3 in the morning and then back up by 7 at the latest. When I decided to go back to school I had support but once school started I didn't anymore. I have had to rely on my 16 year old brother to watch my kids while I am in class. I really don't know what I would have done this summer with out him. I had 4 10 hour shifts at the er and on an ambulance and he would come over and take care of them all day for me. My little girl is my biggest support. She makes sure I get my homework done and asks about my test scores every night. If they are not to her liking she sits down next to me and makes me read my chapters to her for the tests the next day. I couldn't ask for a better daughter. I have had to give up taking her fishing or swimming this summer to study or do my research paper for class and she has understood the whole time. She knows what I want to do and how it will improve her life. When someone asks her what she wants to be when she grows up she will look at them and say I want to be a firefighter and a paramedic. She has a heart of gold and public service is in our blood. My father has been a police officer my whole life. First in the military and now as a civilian. It's just in my family's blood to help people.
OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I use one piece pajamas even in the summer because they kick the blankets off and it is a little cool with the air conditioner running.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)