Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Say What Now?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

My dh always talks on his phone on speaker.  It drives me crazy but anyway.  He was talking to his mom, I was doing my own thing but obviously couldn't help but overhear and she was going on and on about having natural births and not using any drugs.  She kind of just kept repeating herself and finally she said "I was all natural with you both until the epidural".  LOL!  What?!

Let me add that she continued with her bragging about having all natural, drug-free births after that statement.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JTE11
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it was an all-natural epidural, made from plant juices, sunshine and honey, lol. I'd have just laughed at her, my MIL says some crazy stuff, too. She told me last week that things have certainly changed since when she was pregnant, when "smoking and drinking coffee were good for the baby."

rachellaree20
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:42 PM

My MIL told me the other day how she gave her children "coffee-milk" when they were around 8 months old.  "coffee-milk" is 1/4 coffee and 3/4 regular cows milk.  Hmm, don't think I'll be taking that advice...

Kazoo22
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM

That made me chuckle.

Quoting JTE11:

Maybe it was an all-natural epidural, made from plant juices, sunshine and honey, lol. I'd have just laughed at her, my MIL says some crazy stuff, too. She told me last week that things have certainly changed since when she was pregnant, when "smoking and drinking coffee were good for the baby."

yayay15
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Well it hurt like hell before the epidural!!! Actually it still hurt after the stupid thing! I can't imagine the pain without one. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
0Kit0
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Rofl
Eve-marie
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM

What does she think the epidural is? I always seemed to have a cold when I went in so I never got one. But I say your birthing experience, your choice. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Natural birth really means vaginal, not c section. Drug free means just that, drug free.
I am all for epidurals. Why suffer if you don't have to? Some wanna be marters I guess, or brag and act like it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN