Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like the state you live in

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 64 Replies

Poll

Question: Do You Like the state where your living in

Options:

Yes, I love it here and have no complaints

Eh It's okay but theres things that could improve

I Hate it and want to get out and move to a better area

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 50

View Results

Yes Or No

Share the things you like where you live and what you don't like about where you live

Myself, Kids and Darling Fiance live in Wisconsin in a big city. We are planning on moving outta here when our lease is up. We haven't decided whether were planning on moving out of state or not yet but the likelyhood of it is pretty high right now.

The only positives of where we live are we live close to my family like only 30 miles away and I'm close to my Darling Daughters since my parents have guardianship of them right now. Before anyone ask about that I did it out of Love when I made that decision because I wanted them to have a better living situation at the time because I was struggling but It's getting better for me.

Anyway, unfortunately that's the only good where we live well besides were the cheese state. Now for the bad

Unfortunately Wisconsin is one of the most highest taxed states

Rent is really high here

The city where we live is very segregated

People aren't friendly that much

Atleast thats DF and myself opinion and that's why we want to move

Would like to hear your thoughts on your state/area

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Nope. I wish I could move.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I love California! Of course there are things I dislike but I have never wanted to move.

QuirkyMom26
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I don't mind it.  I have always liked being some where with all 4 seasons.  Snow during Christmas and colored leaves during the fall.  But, as I'm getting older, I'm getting really bored with the constant change. I'd love to move to Arizona or something like that.

lovemysnugbugs
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Massachusetts. It's difficult for me to fathom living anywhere else. It has its faults but I love this state.
WifeAndMommy
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Hate N.J....  would love to move....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Texas - love it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Yeah, I like mass
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I live in the central mountains of Colorado

I absolutely LOVE where we live, the weather is PERFECT (for me at least) There are TONSof activities for my kids to do, GREAT schools, the people are REALLY nice. 

Downside - weed is legal - the smell liteally makes me sick to my stomach and I have to take upset tummy meds like pepto and I can't do anything about it cuz "it's legal"  I also don't like he fact my kids are going to grow up thinking that is NORMAL - it is nasty and not norma IMO

Also - depending on what you think is expensive you might think it is really high here - taxes are not crazy but the prices look high to some people.  I grew up in a wealthy expensive area, so I do not find it expensive here at all  - but my DH does - It depends on how you grew up and how you see things if it is expensive or not. 

BabyBearsMom608
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Kentucky. Beautiful. Love it.
catevincesmom
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I live in OH.  I like being around the family that's here in OH, but it just seems so industrial.  IDK how else to put it. Wherever you go, it's either farms (which I like) or worn-out factories.  We pass by the Maumee River to go to Toledo, & I hate how industrialization has practically ruined something that was probably once very beautiful.  We took a trip to GA recently, & on the way back, I noticed the same thing @ the OH River crossing the KY/OH border around Cincinnatti. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)