Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice about bf's daughter please

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 3 Replies
My bf's daughter has just turned 2 years old and my son is 15 months old. We took the kids (his daughter, my son, and my 8 year old daughter) swimming and fishing yesterday. Since we live in 2 different cities and I was stopping and getting snacks, water, and sandwich stuff(being a veteran mom I knew the kids would get hungry 5 minutes after we got there) we took 2 different cars. When we all got there I walked up to say hi to his daughter and she looked at me and called me moma. As for me it didn't bother me bc I will answer to any child that says moma. But I think it bothered him. You see she calls her mom by name. He looked at her and said I don't think she wants you to call her moma. I told him she could call me whatever and I will answer by it. I have only been around her maybe about 5 times but I always try to play with her and talk to her so she can get use to me. My kids like him and his little girl. And all 3 kids get along for the most part. With the 2 year old we are in the mine stage an with the 15 month old we are in the taking away stage. But besides that they play so well together. What advice can other mothers give me about handling his reaction to her calling me moma and her calling me moma. I don't want to handle this situation wrong bc I really like him and we went through a lot together as friends. He has supported me when I chose to go back to school and has supported me through the hard summer semester plus the kids love to be around each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

My grandson calls every young woman Mommy. Don't personalize normal behaviour. Don't overstep your bounds. It's his child, let him lead.

breener04
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't want to over step anything. That is why I let him know I would answer her if she called me moma or call me by name. I have been helping raising my nephew for 11 years so moma is just another name I am called. I would never want anyone to think I am taking a mom's place bc I wouldn't want a female to think they could take my place.

Quoting EireLass:

My grandson calls every young woman Mommy. Don't personalize normal behaviour. Don't overstep your bounds. It's his child, let him lead.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midjet117
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I'm sure its just a phase. This month you're mama, next month you're (insert your name here). Thats just how kids are, you know it, I know it. Just tell him you dont take it personal, its all good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)