Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

When do your kids start school? How much have you spent on BTS stuff so far?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

When do your kids start school? How much have you spent on back to school stuff so far?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:44 PM

They have been in school for 2 weeks as of tomorrow. I spent about $350 as I had to replace uniforms for both of them..

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

SuperPickle
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Mine go back on Sept 4.

This year we got to basically skip clothes. They all have PLENTY  from hand me downs to my end of season buy ahead and stuff that still fits.

They did need new shoes and I spend about $80 for the 3 of them. Supplies for all 3 boys totalled less than $40 and I was lucky enough to be able to participate in a Kmart back to school influencer program here on CM and I got $50 to spend at kmart.com...that took care of socks and undies and also new slip on shoes for after school activities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM
We bought everything. They have been in school since July 31.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
They go back August 26th. Our 5 yr old only needed a backpack/lunchbox. Our 11 yr old needed everything. We spent $94 on both of their school supplies. We spent about 350 on clothes, shoes, and a binder for our 11 yr old. We are broke but we made it happen. Her bio dad also pitched in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Mine don't start until the 4th. Thus far I've only spent about $100. But we're making a trip to a bigger city tomorrow for shoes & I'm sure we'll find some more things they can't live without. My goal is to stay around $300 total.
BAMFSFW
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

In @ 2 weeks. I spent $30 for 2 kids. My husbands work sent home 3 big bags full of school supplies, it was awesome! 

ninamsi
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM
My kids go back Sept. 9th. We still have uniform tops to buy, shoes etc. My kids will be attending a new school.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
monday morning! we had a few items from last yr but we still need to get more next week for him.
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM

About $2500 on my college student, not including tutition.  Mainly it was for her new macbook. 

mom23heathens
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM

My daughter still has one week left. I didn't have to spend much on supplies this year because I bought in bulk a few years ago and probably won't have to buy paper, comp books, spirals, or pencils ever again. I bought a zippered binder, lunch box, and a messenger bag and spent about $50. so far I have spent about $200 on clothes. I still have to buy her some socks, and a few more outfits and i'm done until she needs long pants and jackets. She had an extreme growth spurt so nothing fits from last year. I also had to restring her violin, buy music books and  a music stand so that brings the total to around $300 spent so far. I expect to spend about $200 more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)