Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

is this cheating and what would you do?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am seeing this guy that i really like and care about. A few days ago I saw some texts from this girl he was flirting with and telling her he loves her and how they want to be together forever. He said I shouldn't have looked. We decided to stay together and make it work. Should I give up...or in some cases should you try to make it work?

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
lilwaterlily
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

You shouldn't have looked, but, you did.  And now you know, something very important.  You are not his one and only.  If you're looking for a relationship where you are truly his one and only special someone,  red alert!  This is not the man for you.  I understand you care for him, but does he care as much for you?  He is telling another girl that he loves her and unless these texts are before your time with him, I'd say, that's a definate problem.  I wouldn't continue the relationship if I were in your shoes, but only you can decide how much you will tolerate.

kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Get out now, while you still feel like you can. Later on love, marriage, and a mortgagae will keep you with him FAR longer than you ever want.

occumommy
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I would say that is a deal breaker, i mean seriously, let the other chick have him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktp111
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

tell him to get lost

dusky_rose
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Oh hmmmm... sounds like cheating to me, at least emotional cheating. How serious are you with this guy?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:09 PM

maybe she is his wife or future wife and you are the other woman?

Tash2121
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

AAP1988 you know the answer to this. I think you just want someone to validate the decision you made. Just remember this is your life and the time we decide to give to others cannot be replaced. Best wishes!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

That is cheating in my book, and I would not have felt comfortable staying with him...I would feel like second best/choice.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM
It's not cheating since you're not in a committed relationship. You're dating him. It's sleazy, but that's why you date a person, to find out if they're a sleazeball.
And going through another person's phone is rude and disrespectful. Would you go through another woman's purse? Or a friends drawers while they were out of the room?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama3p
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM

if he loves someone else...why would you stay with him...leave

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN