Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Newborn Keepsake

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 35 Replies

My DD was born on Valentine's Day this year, I actually didn't purchase this until she was 2 weeks old, but it was less than $1 at WalMart and she looked adorable in her photo op!

What's your newborn keepsake? :)

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JamieBue38
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM
5 moms liked this

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I have the outfits that they wore from the hospital.  I also started a baby journal once I found out I was prengnant that has everything about them in it and I take monthly photos.  My 3 yr olds journal already has nearly 80 pages in it.  I did the ornament with their footprint too.

kaybayblee3
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I kept their little hats that they had on in the hospital. I even have their cord stumps..in my culture you bury them for good luck but I totally havent done it lol. I do have my daughter's first portrait dress still. But thats about it...oh and their baby journals.

heathers5500
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM

First out fit, hat and hospital blanket.  And a couple of my favorite outfits.  My DS was also born on Valentines day, every year I buy him a Valentines shirt and save each one  When he gets older I will have them made into a quilt. :)

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I also kept the outfits from the hospital. They were blue (being twin boys) and being premie twins they had these little blue knit caps. They looked like lil Smurfs! lol

JamieBue38
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

oh wow, that's a fantastic idea! :D

Quoting heathers5500:

First out fit, hat and hospital blanket.  And a couple of my favorite outfits.  My DS was also born on Valentines day, every year I buy him a Valentines shirt and save each one  When he gets older I will have them made into a quilt. :)

JamieBue38
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM

at least you bury it instead of having to eat it ;) 

Quoting kaybayblee3:

I kept their little hats that they had on in the hospital. I even have their cord stumps..in my culture you bury them for good luck but I totally havent done it lol. I do have my daughter's first portrait dress still. But thats about it...oh and their baby journals.

arigdon4
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I made an adorable shadow box...save my spot, let me find it real quick..

arigdon4
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Shadow box while the glue was drying (before I put it behind the glass)

Shopsha0911
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM

We only have scrubs that they imprinted my daughters feet on and a pair of baby shoes. As they get older it's just too much crap to keep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN