Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think it should be allowed for upper management, managers, supervisors and employees to be friends on facebook?!?!

Posted by   + Show Post

a few weeks ago i made a post in regards to which is more draining, your job or your co-workers?

it had been mentioned in a post to go to managment in regards to fellow co-workers trashing others that they were "friends" with outside of work  at work.

boy did that backfire in my face! after doing a little research i found out that not only is upper management but everyone from managers clear down the line to employees on my level are all friends on facebook!

i have worked for companies that won't hire family members, ones that if they do, don't allow them to work in the same dept. and companies that have transfered out employees if two employees of different ranks are dating or married.

so my question is do you agree that there should be a strict policy in which employees of different ranks should not be allowed to be friends on facebook just as well?!?!

i feel that it is a huge violation especially in regards to repremanding issues!

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Replies (51-53):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Simple, have two Facebook's. One real, one floor puerile who you dint want knowing everything.
happinessforyou
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Is this today's answer to playing golf with other people from your company?

FB is the devil.....

hellokittykat
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I am afraid that one of these days their privacy features suddenly fail and all of the posts you didn't want someone to see ends up going public.  I would keep a separate account with an unrecognizable profile pic for friends and a different account for professional connections.  Don't use any email addresses your coworkers know of or else they can also search with the email address/address book feature to see if you've got other accounts. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)