Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

annoyed

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 25 Replies
I am completely irritated and annoyed by my oldest sons father. Our son is starting school soon and he has refused to help get any of the school supplies or school clothes. I find it annoying because he is our sons father and he should also be responsible for our son. Also he cancelled visitation so he could go to a BBQ. This is why I get annoyed because everything comes before our son. I told him this and he called me a bunch of nasty names. How should I handle this situation?
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM
If I were u I would continue to try to get him to help. After a while I would ask for full custody or slam him with child support.
abecee
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Does he pay child support?

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM
4 moms liked this

Once I went to the store and nobody held the door open for me so I had to go home,  I was really mad.  I went to the store the next day and still nobody held the door open for me.  People should hold the door open for me.  Its the right thing to do.  Now I havent gone shopping in a month because nobody will hold the door open for me.  I dont get it.  I go to the store everyday and nobody holds the door for me. 

Oh wait.  I picked the store that didnt have the doors that open by themself.  I chose to not open the door myself.  I do the same damn thing every damn day and think im going to get different results.  Hell I come on cafe mom so people can tell me that the people at the store are rude for not opening the door for me.  I just get pissed and have excuses for the people that tell me to go to a new store or open it myself.  Why should I do that?  People should hold the door for me.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my next post all about the door.  

bzzybeemomof3
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Honestly I have never worried about these things ever.

I do not get cs from either fathers. My oldest has a different dad them my 2 younger girls. But anyways I get no cs and I never ask for money or for things, if (my younger kids) dad wants to he will, I just dont ever ask or expect it either,But I will admitt it I am like the only person in the world who does not believe in cs, so maybe that is why. lol

So here is a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Your son is starting school.  This cannot be the first time he has let you and your son down.  You cannot MAKE him a better father.  He obviously was not a good partner or else you would still be together.  At his point you know what to expect from him and what not to expect.  The most important thing is to NEVER bad talk him to your son..  When he disappoints him tell your son that you are sorry that his father could not be there for him, but YOU always will be.  Then stick to that promise.  be the BEST mother you can be.  Do not go looking for another man to be in his life.  If there is another man for you he will find you and he will love and accept your son.  

I am not saying that you should lie down and let him walk over you, just don;t go looking for a fight.  

AAP1988
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 5:00 AM

I never talk bad about his father. I leave the door open so he can make his own opinion as he gets older. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Your son is starting school.  This cannot be the first time he has let you and your son down.  You cannot MAKE him a better father.  He obviously was not a good partner or else you would still be together.  At his point you know what to expect from him and what not to expect.  The most important thing is to NEVER bad talk him to your son..  When he disappoints him tell your son that you are sorry that his father could not be there for him, but YOU always will be.  Then stick to that promise.  be the BEST mother you can be.  Do not go looking for another man to be in his life.  If there is another man for you he will find you and he will love and accept your son.  

I am not saying that you should lie down and let him walk over you, just don;t go looking for a fight.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I never talk bad about his father. I leave the door open so he can make his own opinion as he gets older. 

Is that all you got out of my reply?  Fine, if you don't then continue that habit.  Your son will eventaully decide for himself wha tkind of man he is.  But Please read the rest of my post and take it to heart.
The fact that you singled out what you already do tells me that you are defensive about the kind of mom you are and the way you live.  
One of my biggest issues with young single moms is that too often they are busy trying to find the next boyfriend, to be a purposeful mother.  
You have brought a life into the world with a man who is not terribly interested in being a father.  That means you have to step up and be twice the mother.  That means stop complaining and be mother.
jazz54
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Excuse me, that reply was supposed to go to "NDADanceMom"

elkmomma
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I think she was giving a sarcastic parody.

Quoting jazz54:

Dear "annoyed"  I'm like you-I do like people to just have common curtesy and do things like hold a door open.  It makes the world a more pleasant place when people care about each other.  But, I gotta tell ya, to hear that you repeatedly go to store then just leave (if I'm understanding it correctly) day after day sounds assanine. It really sounds crazy.  You need things at the store, go there, then leave again because someone didn't hold the door for you>  This is a ritual you go through all the time just because a rude person didn't hold a door ?  Really?  I'm sorry-this isn't to be mean, but I really think you need professional help.  It's actually hard to believe what you're saying.  If that's really what's happening you need a psychiatric consult and possible inpatient thapy and/or meds to help you think straight.  In a perfect world everyone would hold the door for another person who seems to need it.  But if they don't-oh well.  It just doesn't make sense to deprive yourself of whatever you needed at the store or whatever you're doing.  I was first inclined to think you were joking when I read this.  Get professional help-you need it.

witchybabymomma
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM
sounds exactly like my BD
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)