Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe
I am completely irritated and annoyed by my oldest sons father. Our son is starting school soon and he has refused to help get any of the school supplies or school clothes. I find it annoying because he is our sons father and he should also be responsible for our son. Also he cancelled visitation so he could go to a BBQ. This is why I get annoyed because everything comes before our son. I told him this and he called me a bunch of nasty names. How should I handle this situation?
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Replies (21-25):
AAP1988
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM

I get 39 dollars a week. What he pays covers nothing. He has been paying the same amount for years and refuses to better his life so he can pay more. 

Quoting RysGram:

If he pays his child support, then why are you complaining?? He's holding up his financial end of this bargain. It's sad that he's not physically there for his son, but you can't force him to be involved.

Quoting AAP1988:

I do get child support. 

Quoting sunflower37:

Just put him on child support and you won't have to deal with this.

RysGram
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Take him to court! That's the only way you are going to make him step up. I get nothing on 4 kids, even though my ex makes over $100,000 a year. He refuses to pay, and child support services is so backed up here that nothing is being done. They send him warnings, he pays a small amount of the back child support (last check he sent in was $63 in May & they leave him alone for a couple months. His court ordered CS is $1400/month. He was $36,000 behind as of April of this year & getting further behind every month. He is self employed and has somehow figured out a way to work the system to his advantage. Sadly, it's the children that always lose in these situations. I hope you can find a way to make him step up & help you more with your child.

Quoting AAP1988:

I get 39 dollars a week. What he pays covers nothing. He has been paying the same amount for years and refuses to better his life so he can pay more. 

Quoting RysGram:

If he pays his child support, then why are you complaining?? He's holding up his financial end of this bargain. It's sad that he's not physically there for his son, but you can't force him to be involved.

Quoting AAP1988:

I do get child support. 

Quoting sunflower37:

Just put him on child support and you won't have to deal with this.

MSJAP2010
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM
So quit your bitchin & step up to the plate for your son. My ex does nothing to help with my daughter but I honestly could care less. She knows what kind of person he is. Just be a good mom & quit bitchin. He obviously does not care & you're doing is using precious time & energy that could be better spent on your son. My ex is so far behind it is unreal. He lives off of welfare & refuses to work. I therefore step up & do what I can without him.
AAP1988
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I believe your statement is out of line. I think I have stepped up. 

Quoting MSJAP2010:

So quit your bitchin & step up to the plate for your son. My ex does nothing to help with my daughter but I honestly could care less. She knows what kind of person he is. Just be a good mom & quit bitchin. He obviously does not care & you're doing is using precious time & energy that could be better spent on your son. My ex is so far behind it is unreal. He lives off of welfare & refuses to work. I therefore step up & do what I can without him.

MSJAP2010
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM
No, I believe you are out of line. If the father does not or will not step up, quit bitchin & deal with it. My ex is so far behind that my great grand kids should see the money. I could care less, he is one less twatwaffle I have to deal with. Just go on about your life & let it be

Quoting AAP1988:

I believe your statement is out of line. I think I have stepped up. 

Quoting MSJAP2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN