Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How many baby showers did you have? Is it tacky to have more than 1?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

How many baby showers did you have for your first baby? Do you think it's tacky to have more than one shower per baby?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:11 PM
One. Depends if it is dh's side and your side. No more than 2. Seems greedy asking for gifts for more than 2.
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I had one for family and friends and then my work threw me one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Im pregnant with number 2 and I haven't had one with this baby, and didn't have one with dd.
Sj218
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM
My exh coworkers threw him/is a shower, my family hosted one and my work friends had one. So, 3 total, but all different groups of people.
bhow
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

One giant one for first child.  I told them if they had another 1 with second child they would do it without me there.

I will only go to 1 per family.   Unless they are 5 or more years apart or suffered a major hardship.  There are exceptions.

MountieMama
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I had 2. One in Montreal and one in Edmonton. I think that it's acceptable to have different ones for different groups if you think that will be easier for you. I don't like huge ones where people don't get a chance to talk to the VIP.
ingrid198
by Ingrid on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I had two, technically 4. I had my son at 20, my mom and best friend threw me a shower and we knew he was a boy so it was all boy themed. At work I had a small shower as well as a going away party and my church family threw me one after my son was born! When I was 22 and married we had a shower for my pregancy with my daughter which my best friend threw for me.

I think it depends, if family and friends are throwing them and they are needed like different genders then it's great. I wouldnt ever throw myself one, let alone numerous ones so it depends on the people in your life

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Its tacky to invite the same people to each one but I had 4 and nobody came to more than one.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:20 PM

With my first baby I had 2:  one from the ladies of the church/family ... I was the wife of the pastor's son; and then one from a bunch of my personal friends

then with my 2nd baby, some 18 years later ... I was pretty much starting all over again, no hand-me-downs for this one except I did still have his dresser and the changing table (dh had to put in new shelves in the changing table though); I had a shower from my personal friends/family

Edit .... I did have a 3rd one for my 1st baby; the people I worked with gave me a shower just before I quit my job to have him.  I had worked with these people for several years, but was quiting to stay home, so they gave me a farewell/baby shower combo party.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Technically 2. I moved out of state before he was born.  My grandmother threw me a Greyhound SHower.  I'll call it that because she told everyone who knew me about the coming baby and when they brought gifts she boxed them up and shipped them to be via Greyhound.  After he was born then husband's aunt gave me a surprise shower.

I think it depends on the situation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)