Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

A sort of O/T question (I'm a SAHM)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I'm a stay at home mom to a 16 month old. A lot has happened in a little over 2 year. Meeting DH, getting pregnant, married, moving across the country because of DH in the army, death of my father, friend and grandmother. My life seemed so simple people DH and DS. They are my life. If any other moms have anxiety and advice, that's great. I've noticed I've developed anxiety. At noticed it started after my dad passing. I think the death of him and being a SAHM being by myself is causing me to socially deprived. I love being with my DS but at the same time, I think it's hard trying to have a convo with someone who can't talk back. I can't go anywhere. I don't drive because of epilepsy. I also don't know if its post partum depression. The death of my dad happened when my DS was 2 months. I'm not sure withe post partum and the sadness is too much at once. DH works long hours and noticed anxiety is worse at night. Any other moms have the same problem as I have?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Why does not driving prevent you from going anywhere? I don't drive either, but I go out every day.
I have the same issues though, I get most of my socialization on here and at the park with other small children who want to play with my kids' toys. It's hard, but staying inside is not going to help you. I've also tried reconnecting with friends and family on fb. It's not the same as talking in person, but it's better than nothing.
I don't think it's postpartum, because none of your post was about difficulty with your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. That's a lot to deal with at once.

Is there an FRG you can get involved with? It's a good way to meet people. Walk to the park, take walks around the neighborhood.
ingrid198
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

That is an immense amount of loss to deal with all at once, especially with such a small baby, i'm so sorry :(. Have you spoken with your doctor?? Anxiety and depression can come postpardum but especially with everything else you've dealt with. I personally have anxiety disorder and depression and have to be on meds along with therapy.. I am a wreck without my treatments, I literally feel emotionally and mentally overwhelmed. Mine started after my parents divorce. i would reach out to a physician and perhaps a therapist to help determine the best course of action... and walking helps reduce stress!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN