Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

new sahm! selling product?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  • 8 Replies
I was thinking of selling from a company like Avon or something like that? What is a good company to sell for and what would people interested in?
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I use to do Premier Designs, I made a lot of money my personal schedule became to busy to continue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM

The quickest way to be avoided by friends and family is to start selling stuff!  

Noni2319
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM
If you do, don't get obnoxious about it. Don't mention it every time you talk to people. Don't stop by their house just to drop of the new book, especially if they say they aren't interested.

Having said that, if you go about it the right way, you can do well.
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Seriously...only do it if you know a lot of people.  And know that they don't have an Avon lady or a 31 lady.  My cousin sells Thirty One and Mary Kay, but, it's hard for her to find new people, because most people she meets (she works at a hospital) already have "that friend" that they order Mary Kay and Thirty One through.  

Mandy575
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Advocare is great. Their a sports and nutrition company that's been around for 20 years. I can give you more information if you would like, just message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Boy that's a tough one because it seems like these days everyone orders on line. I sold Avon MANY years ago but being a SAHM wasn't getting me too many contacts. It basically paid for my own skin care and gifts of cologne for family and friends. Good Luck though!

PartyGalAnne
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM

You need to find a company you believe in and a product you are passionate about.

You also have to be confident and have a positive attitude. They're not just buying the product, they're buying YOU.

I do parties full time. I have no other job. And don't listen to the others. I've made MORE friends by doing parties than I've ever had. Maybe because I don't pest them or ask for parties, they know I'm the best and they come to ME!

PoliteisRight
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM

What about starting your own business from home?   Is there something you really like doing, cooking, sewing, writing?  Its not as hard as you may think.  Instead of making money for another company, make money for you and your family.

I did this and it's working really well.   If you need any tips or help with starting out, send me a message.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)