Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you trim your hair?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

What is your current length? Not cut, but trim for healthy hair

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
m0mmy2o1o
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I trim my hair about once every three years. My current length of my hair is to my belt line. When you do finally trim your hair you're supposed to cut off all the dead ends and if you wait as long as I do, it could be anywhere from 4-6 inches.
Mommy2bbyboy
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My hair is pretty short. Not sure many inches, it's right at my shoulders. I've caught about 7 inches off in less than year. I kept damaging it, ugh!!

They say to get you hair trimmed every 1-2 months. But if you're taking care of it, you should rarely have to do that!

I just got two inches cut off 2 weeks ago!! :(
bonitalilmama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Is your ends thin and wow that's a whole year amount of growth your cutting

Quoting m0mmy2o1o:

I trim my hair about once every three years. My current length of my hair is to my belt line. When you do finally trim your hair you're supposed to cut off all the dead ends and if you wait as long as I do, it could be anywhere from 4-6 inches.

bonitalilmama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

True, they say that whol scheduling your trims is not good, trim when needed, that's why some can't retain length because they cutting off their progress. I did that all through highschool and wondered why my hair only stayed a little pass shoulder length

Quoting Mommy2bbyboy:

My hair is pretty short. Not sure many inches, it's right at my shoulders. I've caught about 7 inches off in less than year. I kept damaging it, ugh!!

They say to get you hair trimmed every 1-2 months. But if you're taking care of it, you should rarely have to do that!

I just got two inches cut off 2 weeks ago!! :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I trim my own whenever they start looking terrible...maybe every 6 months or so. Right now my hair is at the bottom of my shoulder blades. It's about time for a cut, though, because I've noticed a lot of split ends lately.

momwriter
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a chin- length stacked bob. Trim and root color every 6 weeks
freemane
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I trim two or three times a year.  My hair is just past my hips. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)