Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Chat! 8/22

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 45 Replies

Let's Chat!

What are you doing today? Have your kids started school yet?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

how are you

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
3 moms liked this

My girls started back on Monday, 19th and had a lovely day.

bama-songbird75
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Mine started Tuesday. Only because, after 14 years of doing this, I missed registration. Monday was a very long day.
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Oh no, sorry you missed registration! It was bound to happen at some point, though, I suppose. I know my mom forgot with my siblings and me before, too. What grade(s) is/are yours in?

Quoting bama-songbird75:

Mine started Tuesday. Only because, after 14 years of doing this, I missed registration. Monday was a very long day.

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

So cute! Glad they had a good day. :) Mine started Monday, too.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

My girls started back on Monday, 19th and had a lovely day.

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Yikes. I'm always afraid I'll miss it, too, for some unexpected thing and then face a nightmare of a first day for mine, too. They're in 7th and 8th this year and so far, so good. How about yours?

Quoting bama-songbird75:

bama-songbird75
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM
So hello you two. I have 4 kids. My oldest graduated last year, he is 18. Then I have 3 girls ages 17, 13, and 10. 3 different schools to go to. Anyway, thanks for replying. Good morning Steph!
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

good morningWow, that makes me glad for the K-12 my two attend. They're 12 and 13 now. Are the carpool lanes at your kids' schools crazy, or do they move along pretty well?

Quoting bama-songbird75:

So hello you two. I have 4 kids. My oldest graduated last year, he is 18. Then I have 3 girls ages 17, 13, and 10. 3 different schools to go to. Anyway, thanks for replying. Good morning Steph!

bama-songbird75
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I only have one I have to pick up and yes, the lines are really bad. Other two are bus riders.
DanaG70
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I woke up to carpet layers in my sun porch this morning... at 7:14 am!!! I knew they were coming early, but not THAT early!

Other then that, my day is going pretty good. =)

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Oh, well, that's not too bad if you only have to struggle with one. I know the one here is pretty rough these days. They changed their bus policy so that kids have exactly 10min to get out to the buses and loaded up. If they're not on the bus at that time, the bus leaves without them and their parents have to come pick them up. The result was about 12 kids were left on the curb and now their parents - like me - have decided to skip the bus and just take them to and from school each day instead. Now the carpool lane is a nightmare and the buses are nearly empty when they leave in the afternoons.

Quoting bama-songbird75:

I only have one I have to pick up and yes, the lines are really bad. Other two are bus riders.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)