Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do they hurt?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have an appointment with a urologist next month, now I have never had a scope done before. Do they hurt?
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM

No idea what you mean.

Cherrybomb1989
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM
They have to look at my bladder, and from what I read they sound very uncomfortable :/ it's gotta go up inside me :/ just thinking about it makes me shiver!!

Quoting Anonymous:

No idea what you mean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I bet it's more uncomfortable than anything, but I don't have a clue.  Good luck and I hope everything turns out well.

Cherrybomb1989
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM

thanks, ive been suffering these symptoms for almost 2months now so im hoping ill have some answers soon enough

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet it's more uncomfortable than anything, but I don't have a clue.  Good luck and I hope everything turns out well.

HiDi
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:59 PM

In the case of 'burning,pressure on the bladder" the 'scope'  will relieve the pressure,etc.,;and, you finally will a soothing relief(this was my past experience,though ti's different for each one). I am grateful to have one;on, for was recovered,& 'good as new' ! My prayers you will 'come thru with flying colors'! God bless ou & keep you ! Cafe Di

LadyBast
by Brenda on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM

No idea and I am sure if it is bad they will give you something for pain just to dull it!

jlmc
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM

No idea, but goodluck I hope it doesnt hurt too bad.

Cherrybomb1989
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Thank you I hope that I do get from relief from this, it's difficult to just do my normal things when I'm constantly feeling that urge to go when I can't fully go :/

Quoting HiDi:

In the case of 'burning,pressure on the bladder" the 'scope'  will relieve the pressure,etc.,;and, you finally will a soothing relief(this was my past experience,though ti's different for each one). I am grateful to have one;on, for was recovered,& 'good as new' ! My prayers you will 'come thru with flying colors'! God bless ou & keep you ! Cafe Di

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Have you ever had a catheter? I think it's about the same. I know it's hard when you're nervous but breath deep and try to relax. Tightening up could make things worse.

Cherrybomb1989
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Nope never had one those, but yeah I'll do my best to relax, thanks

Quoting mamamiajk:

Have you ever had a catheter? I think it's about the same. I know it's hard when you're nervous but breath deep and try to relax. Tightening up could make things worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN