Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm blamed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I dunno why it's my fault. My DH used to bed very thin. Not unhealthy just thin. He started gaining weight right before he met me. Like a month before. But his mother says it was me. I say I didn't shove food down his throat. We weren't around each other our first 4 months because he was in the army. A couple of the guys from the army said I made him depressed that I couldn't be there and he put on weight from stress.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JocelynMoods
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Tell them to shut up. Maybe it's their fault because they didn't cheer him up well enough while you couldn't be there. That's all BS! He is a grown man. Don't let it bother you. 

WebCat
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Move far away from your inlaws. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
If you dh gained he is the only one who can be blamed. Tell MIL to shove it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Ouch...um well I don't know enough of your story to agree with them but everyone makes their own choices, if dh was depressed and gained weight it wasn't your fault dh stayed with you, he made the choice to be with you and feel that way so it's not your fault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM

It's not your fault, it's his! His family & friends are idiots that like to place blame where it doesn't belong! Does he blame you, or just the idiots?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM
He wasnt depressed because of her...he was in the service & was depressed because he was away from her.
Quoting Anonymous:

Ouch...um well I don't know enough of your story to agree with them but everyone makes their own choices, if dh was depressed and gained weight it wasn't your fault dh stayed with you, he made the choice to be with you and feel that way so it's not your fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Nope. He ignores it whenever someone says anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not your fault, it's his! His family & friends are idiots that like to place blame where it doesn't belong! Does he blame you, or just the idiots?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Maybe it's time for him to put them in their places then. I'm sorry you have to deal with those idiots!  hugs! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. He ignores it whenever someone says anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)