Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

When you did a drastic hair cut did you check with your SO first?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 86 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Did you get your SO's opinion about getting your hair cut?

Options:

No, it's my hair

Yes, I actually care what he thinks

He actually suggested i get it cut and I did and i loved it

He actually suggested i get it cut and I hate it i will never listen to him again

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 136

View Results

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband loves long hair so i do consider that when cutting it. I'm hot and very pregnant so i decided to chop off a ton last week. I kept him in mind and left it to my shoulders.
sugareemommee
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this
No but I check to make sure he's got the kids when I do go ;)
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I told dh I was getting a haircut. I tend to keep it at least shoulder length because that's what he likes. The hairdresser cut way too much off this time and he was upset. Not with me though.
famiglia_bella
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:57 PM
4 moms liked this

The first time I got a drastic cut, no.  The 2nd time, no.  The third time, I did so he could remind me how much I hated the first two.

xoxRachelxox
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I do care what he thinks but it is my hair. I have the final say.

I cut it short once and he wasn't too thrilled. He wasn't rude about it, he just said "wow, it's short" I knew he wasn't feeling it and I haven't cut it that short since. I do want him to like how I look but I figured I'd try the cut out to see if I liked it. Which, I didn't. lol

Pink.Frosting
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I always ask my husband before I change my hair.  The only thing he really has strong likes/dislikes on is hair color.  But I still ask him before any changes regardless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM
3 moms liked this
No, it is not his hair. I am over 50 so I have shorter hair. Color is none of his business. I color and highlight it.
ajdahd13
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes. The only reasons I care about my appearance are A. for me and B. for him. 

dgray
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex-husband was really against me cutting my hair short, but we discussed it and finally he said he was ok with it. He never truly was and well, tough shit. We divorced (obviously) and while it was not because of my hair, it definitely affected me how he reacted. I now have short hair again and I wouldn't change it for anyone. My s/o finds me attractive either way. He actually says he prefers it short and jokes that he doesn't know how he should feel about that. But he respects my choice and my love of short hair on women, even if I do make a killer Peter Pan on Halloween.

ETA: Queeeen! Love the avatar.
Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband asks that I keep my hair the way it is and I oblige him....he doesn't ask for much, so I have no problem keeping my hair the way he likes it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN