Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you like it if more restaurants had a no-saggy-pants rule?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

Restaurant Will Only Serve You If You Pull Up Your Dang Saggy Pants

by Adriana Velez

saggy pantsA little sanity to start your weekend right? Okay, here you go. A New Jersey restaurant refuses to serve saggy-pants customers. Giulio's Pizzeria proudly posts a sign reading "Saggy Pants Prohibited on These Premises!" It's not because they're dealing with a mad rush of saggy-assed customers day in and day out. Actually, the sign came from just one incident when a customer was asked to pull up his pants. The customer replied that there wasn't a sign saying that he had to hoist trou. And so management decided such a sign was in order. Still, that one simple act has the potential to improve so many other customers' dining experience. Can I get an AMEN?

As employee and family member of the restaurant owners puts it, "We’re not asking for much. We are just asking that when you come in, you respect the establishment and the people." That's all. It may seem petty, especially if saggy pants wasn't an epidemic at Giulio's before. But people don't care. That's how strongly the majority of us feel about the sight of a young man in pants slung low enough for us to see his undies. 

If you see the top of someone's boxers at the Post Office... whatever. It's still kind of an intrusion (being exposed to someone's intimates without your permission). But somehow it's worse if you're trying to eat. A lot of us want a certain level of civility when we dine. It's not a very high bar, true. But still. We want some standards. 

Is it boring of me to join on the "no saggy pants" band wagon? Yes. Yes it is. Boring and predictable. But I hate saggy pants and I cannot lie. They do not go well with the chicken.

Would you like it if more restaurants had a no-saggy-pants rule?

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I hate saggy pants on anyone.  I can't stand a girl leaning over and her big fat thong is hanging out.  Tacky has hell.  Just makes me think they don't give a crap about appearances at all. 

kidlover2
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I haven't seen saggy pants since high school. Thank goodness I live in an area where fads come and then disappear.
lacyd75
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I'm not a huge fan of saggy pants but, it's not that big of a deal to me.

happinessforyou
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Someone, somewhere has to have standards. I guess they got tired of looking at ass-crack....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM
freedom of speech to wear what you want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM
No, I am tired of this crap. People need to stop dictating what everyone else should do. If not than at the very least could stop being hypocrites and do it across the board. People are just self righteous assholes.
JTE11
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I think it would be great. I think more places should refuse service to those people who can't wear a pair of pants properly. In my opinion, wearing your pants so far down that the butt is showing is like walking around just in your boxers. They might as well not bother with the pants because they aren't covering anything important anyway, just the legs. A person who walks into a restaurant wearing nothing but underwear shouldn't be served, so neither should these guys. I'm not going to walk in in my bra and expect service and to me it's the same thing.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Yep, I'd like that!

Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

i don't get the big deal.. as long as ass isnt showing who cares.  its fabric on the body - same as other clothes.  i mean its a bit tacky but overall not offensive.
the only kind of thing i would be for is banning clothing that has obscene words or pics.  it no fun to be standing in like somewhere with you kid and in front of you is a dood with a shirt on that has a pic of one stick figure sucking off another stick figure with some caption "like on your knees bitch" 

25beengoodtome
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I'm glad to see men know how to pull up their pants!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN