Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you trust your husband to have female friends?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 332 Replies

Do you think it's acceptable for married people to have friends of the opposite sex? Do you think men and women can ever really be JUST friends in real life or online?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM
8 moms liked this
Yes and yes. I have always had male friends and DH has had quite a few female friends. He only has one atm though. I have no idea why it would be unacceptable or impossible for people in committed relationships to have friends of the gender they're attracted to. For me that would be men and women, but I'm not attracted to anybody other than DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM
3 moms liked this
Absolutely. You trust your spouse, or you don't. I could never be married to someone I didn't trust.
mustbeGRACE
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM
36 moms liked this

My husband is a good-looking local business man .He is super smart and owns his own business.

While I'm a college educated sahm, my policy is that he has no female friends. That makes it "our" policy.

It works very well for us.

Whatever female companionship he needs, me and his ma got it covered.

cajunniki90
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, and yes!!  My husband has many female friends on FB and in the real world.  Most of these ladies are nurses or hospital workers that he is working with, has worked with, or might work with in the future.  Some are friends who enjoy the same types of music he does. He has never given me a reason to be uncomfortable with this fact.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM
9 moms liked this
I dont not want my so to have any female friends. My so is gorgeous. And i know how women can be. Im not married but in a commited relationship. Only female friend he has is me. He has several male friends tho.
happymommy82
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm divorced, but when I was married I never had a problem with my husband having female friends and he never had an issue with me having male friends. I have always had more guy friends than female ones, so it didn't change when I got married. 

-pepperidge-
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM
14 moms liked this

yes i trust him, the female friends he does have are mutual so I am not worried. but if he were to just randomly make a new female friend out of the blue I would wonder who the hell she is! haha

strtngovrmom
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:27 PM
27 moms liked this

husband + female friend = TROUBLE we have been married for 36 years and in the past when a woman was my friend but tried to talk to my husband as if HE was the friend, she had motives. I say mutual understanding, no females for him and no males for me.....

oh but i trust him 100%, but not her..
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Aug. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes and Yes ... why can't men & women JUST be friends with each other, in real life or online?  When I was growing up I actually had more male friends than female friends.  And if you don't trust your husband than you shouldn't be married to him!!

storkradio193
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
6 moms liked this

Yes, I can trust him and yes, it is possible to be just friends.  But, everyone is different and maybe it is not best to have friends of the opposite sex given certain personality traits at times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)