Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Unemployment help, please??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Okay well my fiancé and I and our son moved from upstate NY to central Florida. We lived there for about 2 years and then since my son was getting older, he's now 2, we moved back to upstate NY so our son could know family. When we got up here we applied for Medicaid and they said my fiancé HAD to apply for unemployment befor they could continue processing our application, so he did. To our surprise he was accepted and he signed up for the Florida unemployment debit card. They have him claiming every other week and claiming two weeks at a time. He already claimed his waiting week and that was two weeks ago, he's has to claim his weeks tomorrow that he will actually be paid for. However, when he claims his weeks tomorrow it will have been a month since he applied and signed up for the debit card and HE STILL HASN'T GOTTEN THE CARD. He has tried calling them but it says the lines are too busy and it hangs up on him. What do we do? What will happen to the money he's going to claim tomorrow if there's no card activated for it to go onto? Is it normal for it to wait until the last second for the card to get here? Should it be taking this long to get the card? Is it because its coming from Florida and were in upstate NY? Idk what to do and idk what's going to happen to the money if he doesn't have the card. PLEASE HELP. And thank you for reading my long post but I need help.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Bump!
jlmc
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I would still have him claim his weeks tomorrow. It is very hard to get a hold of A ny unemployment office so keep trying. They are a very busy place I would say this is normal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM
But what will happen to the money he claims if we don't have the card?

Quoting jlmc:

I would still have him claim his weeks tomorrow. It is very hard to get a hold of A ny unemployment office so keep trying. They are a very busy place I would say this is normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I'm not trying to sound whiny money hungry it's just his father passed last week an he thought he had life insurance but long story short it just didn't cover his death so now we are broke and still having to come up with money for his services and headstone and all. So I'm sorry if I'm coming off annoying.

Quoting jlmc:

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Keep calling in always or they will screw u out 0f your money - No it should not be taking so long to get your money  or your card it has to be lost  even moving to another state it should only take a few days longer max . Keep calling  your local office and leave a messageu will have to wait for a return phone call I hardly think u will get thru I never did . The money will be added to the card but u will need a new card sent . KEEP CALLING good luck - Just a little note when I received my unemployment from one state to another every thing was done over the phone and it was done very fast theres a problem with your husbands unemployment benefits. DONT WAIT HEAD TO A LOCAL OFFICE AND WAIT TILL THEY CAN SEE U BRING 2 FORMS OF ID WITH U  AND THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET U ON THE RIGHT TRACK !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)