Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How often do you keep in touch with your parent(s)??

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 159 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm curious as to how many of us stay in touch with parents

Has your relationship changed now that you're married and have kids of your own? Has it made you closer?

Also, di your parents live out of state or close by? If so how does that affect how often you call or see each other?

25 year old SAHM of two beautiful babies, Aiden july 5, 2008 & Sophia April 6 2010!

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM
My mom is dead i talk to my dad about 3x a week:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ingrid198
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM

My mom lives in Michigan and has since before my DS was born, my dad is in NY where i recently moved from last year. I have siblings in NY and MI as well.

I talk to both of my parents a few times a week :) but i wish we could visit more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I don't keep in touch with my parents. I don't have time for their drunk drama BS.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Both maybe once a week, sometimes more. They both live close by. They went through a divorce about 4 yrs ago and my mom went nuts. She's not the mom I grew up with, we aren't close at all anymore. My dad is a truckdriver so we try to get together when he's home.
Shopsha0911
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Mom in nursinh home and once a week. Dad does not exist in my life!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Not often. They live 2hrs away but we might as well live in another country. If I don't contact them, then I don't hear from them, and I grew tired of always being the one making an effort so I stopped. That means I haven't heard from them since the 4th of July.

SuperPickle
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I talk to my mom and/or dad daily, see them quite often. They live about 2 miles away.

Nicole_2007
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM

My dad died back in 2001.  My mom lives a hour from me.  We talk on the phone 2 or 3 times a week.  We text alot.  She watches the kids when I need her to if she can.  This thursday she is haveing surgery  so Friday I am picking her up from the hospital.  We are really close.  She helps me out alot.  I divorced my older two kids dad and he don't help out like he is supposed to so she helps me and my husband by thing for them for school.  We live on my new husbands family farm

MOM2DMSD
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We're in contact almost daily. We live about 15 minutes away from each other. I'm the youngest and have always had a really close relationship with both.

Now that I am older, married and have a family of my own, I am able to truly appreciate everything that they have done for me.
TimetoMomUp
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM

My Mom lives 1000 miles away but we chat several times a day and video chat several times a week.  She also (thanks to her job) gets to visit about every six weeks. Looking forward to seeing her this coming weekend actually.  :-) 

My Dad lives about 30 minutes away.  We chat at least every other day and see each other at least once a month. 

My relationship with my parents is very different.  For starters they were married and did not divorce until I was an adult.  My Mom is bipolar and did not get help until after the divorce.  She is a new woman now.  My Dad is much nicer than he was when I was a kid. 

Both of my parents treat my kids fantastically. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN