Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it OK to scold another's child if it's a safety thing?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, normally, I mind my own business and let others parent their own kids, of course, but when it's a safety issue, like they're doing something dangerous and could get seriously injured or seriously hurt someone else, I feel like I should step in and say something. Example, we were in the toy aisle and this little boy was climbing on the shelving, telling another little boy he was going to jump. I said, "You should get down from there before you get hurt. The shelf could break or you could fall." He said, "Oh, okay," and immediately stopped. Well, this woman came flying around from IDK where and shrieked at me that it was HER kid and SHE would get onto him, NOT ME. I told her I just didn't want him to get hurt and she said, "That's for ME to worry about, bitch!"

Do you think it's okay to scold another kid if it's a matter of safety?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I tend to ignore other peoples kids because of crap like this.  I want to make sure kids are safe but there are far too many ignorant parents out there.  I figure that if the parent gave a damn they would be keeping an eye on the kid.  Probably best to just let them get hurt rather than cause a scene over it.

Elyssa414
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Unless its something like a toddler running into a street, or they are putting my kid in danger, I would mind my own business.
ZanderandBella
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel bad for that kid. I wouldn't mind another person scolding my child if the intentions were right. Then again, I am quick on correcting my children. If I think it's going to be an issue, I tell my children right away and explain why it's an issue so they understand.

Heather- Air Force Wife, Mom of two, Retired at age 25 thanks to It Works Global!
There are people that will tell you that you can't do it. They will even try to hold you back. However, it only means THEY can't do it. You can do anything you set your mind to and are willing to work hard to get.

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM
6 moms liked this

I don't care if others think it's okay or not.If I see a child doing something that could get him or someone else hurt,I speak up.I'm not mean or rude to other people's children but I don't just ignore things with my head shoved up my ass.I wouldn't mind if someone else were to stop my child from being hurt or hurting someone else.That mom's way of thinking is one of the reasons our society is so f'ed up right now.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I say yes. I'm all for minding your own business and letting others do the same, but I would hope that someone would think to scold my child before he hurts himself or someone else.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM
7 moms liked this

I'm that lady that talks to every kid in the store. haha. Yea, the one that you all say should mind her own business. Problem is, the Mom's aren't minding their business...their kids. So yes..I scold other's kids.

GrinningCheese
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM
3 moms liked this

You didn't scold him the b*tch was out of line. Probably one of the psycho mom's from here who think their child should ONLY do what they want and forget everyone else. Search to see if anyone complained that someone yelled at their precious snowflake. You'll see  a whole different view

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Yep, screamed at some kids in our old neighborhood once. Was driving out. My the pool kids darted in the road on bikes from bushes. If I had been a second or 2 later I would have hit them. I stopped, got out and yelled at them. I told them that very thing. Told them to get out of the road and I better never see them do something like that again. I didn't know them. Never saw them riding bikes again ever.

That lady was a bitch to you and if she was not around to see, I would have told her so. Parents today are defensive and bitchy. I don't get it.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's okay. I've done it before and I've had other people say things to mine. Nobody's ever yelled at them, and I've never yelled at a kid I didn't know. It's just common sense to me, kids don't know better and put themselves in dangerous situations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:29 AM
4 moms liked this

Shoulda told her to watch her damn kids more closely and strangers wouldn't have to parent them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)