Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Ionic/Colloidial Silver

Posted by   + Show Post
Hello mommies, today I would like to know have any of you ever heard of a solution like that can kill over 600,000 bacteria, fungi, diseases and viruses? I haven't tried it before but I would like to give it a try to build up my immune system. Not saying that I have anything deadly, just really courious to try it out. If any of you mommies have ever tried it pls share your story with me and other mommies all over. Peace
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.

The increased presence of silver in your body is what causes it.  Doesn't really matter in what form you are taking it.  You ingest it and it gets distributed throughout your body and diffused all over the skin.  Silver oxidizes and since we do go out in the sun, the silver that you have ingested will also oxidize and darken.  So, the more you take it and the longer you do the greater the risk since your body has such high percentages of the silver. 

The efficacy of taking it has never been proven either. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No, it is the silver salts that cause this, not pure colloidal silver.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

You realize that if you consistently take colloidial silver, your skin will permanently change color to sometimes blue?

do11face
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Bridge82
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Bridge82:have any of you ever heard of a solution like that can kill over 600,000 bacteria, fungi, diseases and viruses?

Yes.   Boiling water.

Just because something can kill things, that doesn't make it safe to take.

so if you drink boiling water, it can kill all types of fungi bacteria disease and viruses?
PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Yes it actually does matter.  Colloidal silver made with distilled water and .9999 pure silver rods does not cause argyria. It is extremely effective, actually.  I know from personal experience.  I had a cat who would get a uti every December, without fail.  Poor little guy would pee blood. I would dose him with 2 tsp of cs every 4 hours and by the 3 dose, instead of peeing only drops, it was dime size and by the next morning it was quarter size.  By the end of the second day, it was golf ball size.  He would be completely better in 3 days, but I would continue the CS for 10 days.  Whenever my cats get eye infections, it is my go to med.  I put cs drops in their eyes every few hours and dose them with 2 tsp 4 times a day.  Never fails to clear it up quickly. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The increased presence of silver in your body is what causes it.  Doesn't really matter in what form you are taking it.  You ingest it and it gets distributed throughout your body and diffused all over the skin.  Silver oxidizes and since we do go out in the sun, the silver that you have ingested will also oxidize and darken.  So, the more you take it and the longer you do the greater the risk since your body has such high percentages of the silver. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

You realize that if you consistently take colloidial silver, your skin will permanently change color to sometimes blue?

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Quoting Bridge82:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting Bridge82:

have any of you ever heard of a solution like that can kill over 600,000 bacteria, fungi, diseases and viruses?
Yes.   Boiling water.

Just because something can kill things, that doesn't make it safe to take.

so if you drink boiling water, it can kill all types of fungi bacteria disease and viruses?

Correct.   Chug a gallon or two of boiling water and it will kill LOTS of fungi, bacteria and viruses in your body.

The same applies to kitchen bleach.  That's great at killing stuff.

The only problem is the side effect - it will kill you too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM

You do realize that it doesn't matter - it's the silver particles that are key.  It's about the chronic intake and accumulation of silver products.  Whether it is dissolved in distilled water, which many do, or taken in another form the common factor is silver and the fact that you are taking in silver particles into your body which it rapidly dissolves in an acidic environment. 

If you are using it on your cat for such a short amount of time, then you won't see effects like that.  However, long-term and consistent use and exposure can cause your skin to permanently change color. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Yes it actually does matter.  Colloidal silver made with distilled water and .9999 pure silver rods does not cause argyria. It is extremely effective, actually.  I know from personal experience.  I had a cat who would get a uti every December, without fail.  Poor little guy would pee blood. I would dose him with 2 tsp of cs every 4 hours and by the 3 dose, instead of peeing only drops, it was dime size and by the next morning it was quarter size.  By the end of the second day, it was golf ball size.  He would be completely better in 3 days, but I would continue the CS for 10 days.  Whenever my cats get eye infections, it is my go to med.  I put cs drops in their eyes every few hours and dose them with 2 tsp 4 times a day.  Never fails to clear it up quickly. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Ionic and colloidal silver particles are too small.  Yes, it does matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that it doesn't matter - it's the silver particles that are key.  It's about the chronic intake and accumulation of silver products.  Whether it is dissolved in distilled water, which many do, or taken in another form the common factor is silver and the fact that you are taking in silver particles into your body which it rapidly dissolves in an acidic environment. 

If you are using it on your cat for such a short amount of time, then you won't see effects like that.  However, long-term and consistent use and exposure can cause your skin to permanently change color. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You clearly have no chemistry of biology background to make a statement like that and show that you have no understanding of how your body works and how the silver effects it. 

Yes, the silver particles are extremely small but that doesn't mean your body doesn't recognize it or cannot absorb it.  Those processes take place EVERY SECOND in your body with things that are much smaller than those silver particles.  When you ingest the silver, your body rapidly dissolves it into even smaller silver nanoparticles in the presence of acid (ie. your stomach).  This dissolution then allows your body to absorb those silver nanoparticles.  In turn, they become part of your body and incorporated in your cells.  Eventually, if you ingest enough for a sufficient period of time your skin will change color due to the fact that you have these silver nanoparticles part of your cells and they continue to oxidize when exposed to the sun, turning the surface of your skin dark or bluish-gray because your body isn't actually getting rid of these nanoparticles but rather accumulating them. 

Think in terms of osmosis where you have a cell in a salt water solution.  The body's natural response is to try to create a sense of homeostasis or a balance between its inside and outside environment, so the cell will allow NaCl compounds to enter into it until some kind of balance between the outside environment and inside the cell are achieved. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

PinkButterfly66
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM

And you have no experience with pure ionic or colloidal silver. You would have to jug it by the gallon EVERY DAY.  I am done with this conversation.

Quoting Anonymous:

You clearly have no chemistry of biology background to make a statement like that and show that you have no understanding of how your body works and how the silver effects it. 

Yes, the silver particles are extremely small but that doesn't mean your body doesn't recognize it or cannot absorb it.  Those processes take place EVERY SECOND in your body with things that are much smaller than those silver particles.  When you ingest the silver, your body rapidly dissolves it into even smaller silver nanoparticles in the presence of acid (ie. your stomach).  This dissolution then allows your body to absorb those silver nanoparticles.  In turn, they become part of your body and incorporated in your cells.  Eventually, if you ingest enough for a sufficient period of time your skin will change color due to the fact that you have these silver nanoparticles part of your cells and they continue to oxidize when exposed to the sun, turning the surface of your skin dark or bluish-gray because your body isn't actually getting rid of these nanoparticles but rather accumulating them. 

Think in terms of osmosis where you have a cell in a salt water solution.  The body's natural response is to try to create a sense of homeostasis or a balance between its inside and outside environment, so the cell will allow NaCl compounds to enter into it until some kind of balance between the outside environment and inside the cell are achieved. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Izmummy
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I used to work at a Health Food Store and yes, it's a wonderful thing. If you feel a cold coming on and take it it will vanish. Also my friends daughter was diagnosed with T cell Lymphoma four years ago, she took it along with some other herbs and hasn't had a negative PET Scan since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)