Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

summer woes (yes, i said woes)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

As a stay at home mom, I already have my hands full but summer days are long anh hot and with two young kids at home it's exhausting not to mention frustrating to try and make a nice day while keeping on top of discipline etc,

The trouble i'm finding myself in is that my DD is 3 and DS is 5 and they feed off each others naughty behavior, it's rare form that if one is being tempermental and pushing buttons the other is in perfect form. For my DD it's the attitude that goes along with that diva personality and it gets overwhelming, my easy going but high energy DS gets rammy and falls right into line with her schemes and behavior, even though she is younger, she instigates a lot of the naughtiness and not listening.

This summer especially has been tough with DS home from school and her in her prime for the disciplinary issues and finding ourselves going carefree through a day whether at the beach or a trip to the mall is impossible. It gets very frustrating to look forward to these trips out of the house and have some fun time with the kids, and possibly their friends but usually alone, and to have to leave because DD is being a brat, then her brother follows suit and all hell breaks loose. We have a time out structure and disciplinary actions in line so I guess this post is more about venting than it is for help but it's nice to know others have been or are in similar situations and are struggling with behavior and discipline for 1 or more children and how that just affects everyday life, even the things that should be fun...but aren't because of that. :-/

Thanks

25 year old SAHM of two beautiful babies, Aiden july 5, 2008 & Sophia April 6 2010!

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Vent away, we're here to listen.

photo TeddyBearHug.gif

ingrid198
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM

thank you- it is greatly appreciated!

Quoting dingysfamily:

Vent away, we're here to listen.

photo TeddyBearHug.gif

25 year old SAHM of two beautiful babies, Aiden july 5, 2008 & Sophia April 6 2010!

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Do you ever have a chance to do something with one kid at a time?  When I have all of mine its me herding cats.  With one at a time I can spend time talking and getting to know that one kid.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN