Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would YOU wear floral pajama-like pants in the name of Fashion?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 29 Replies

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! Your Floral Pants Have Got to Go!

by Lindsay Ferrier

ASOSI know that hideous floral pants are a "thing" this summer, but I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until I opened up the Sunday New York Times and saw literally dozens of women pictured in them last weekend out on the sidewalks of Park Avenue.

HORRORS.

According to the NYT, the "most interesting" styles of floral pants were the "pajama-like styles," like these Somedays Lovin Muchacho Floral Pants (Urban Outfitters, $89).

Let's recap. Park Avenue. Cutting-edge fashionistas. Wearing FLORAL PAJAMA PANTS.

Women of New York, I ask you:

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MINDS?

But wait! It gets worse!

ASOSThe TRULY fashion-forward out there have been committing DOUBLE FLORAL this summer -- wearing a matching floral top and bottoms. I even saw a photo of Rihanna earlier this summer in an outfit much like this one.

I just. I can't. I CAN'T.

ASOSAnd then there's the floral jumpsuit. Here's the brutal truth, ladies. A floral jumpsuit is not flattering on ANYONE'S figure, let alone a curvy girl. I know because I know.

The Corner

And I have to say it is a dark day indeed coming to the realization that someone, somewhere paid $1,535 for these pants. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING.

My 6-year-old just looked over my shoulder as I was writing these words. "Those pants costed one thousand, five hundred thirty-five DOLLARS?" he asked.

"Yep," I sighed.

"Those look like pajamas, right?" he said.

"Yep."

"People BUYED them?!"

"Yep."

I think it's appropriate for a 6-year-old to have the final word on this post. But before I go, I want to know this ...

Would YOU wear floral pajama-like pants in the name of Fashion? Are you wearing them now? Because if you are, uh ... I'm sure you look fabulous!

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobseeker
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I as a cihld of th 80's  I had outfits that looked a LOT like these then.  I was a young seemstress and made some of them.  (and I looked FIERCE I might add)  would I do it again?  Not so much!

ambertreas76
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM

This reminds me of what I wore to elementary and middle school in the 80s!  Florals and poofy bangs with side wings!!  Blast from the past!!!  

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Maybe as lounge wear or to run to the grocery store.  I could not wear them out to dinner or a party.

mrztina
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I hate floral ANYTHING! But some clothes that are floral are cute IMO but not those pajamas and definitely not for me to wear outside my house

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM

GAG uh no!! 

emmiealexia
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM
The only place I would ever wear those is in bed lol. That price is way too much for something that looks like it was sown together from my grandmas curtains.
waytomanykids10
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

wow, those are terrible.

momwriter
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I would never wear any of these! Yuck!

autodidact
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I don't do anything for fashion, but I'd wear this. and they aren't made in sweatshops!

punjammies.com 

autodidact
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM

not from Urban Outfitters, I wouldn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN