Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

canceling again!

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM
  • 28 Replies

So my sons father called me and said he will not be taking his visitation because he cannot make it. That night I go to the club and he is there. He made up and excuse that he was sick but he sure what out clubbing it up. I think our son should be more important than a club. He asked for makeup time I told him no because he canceled just because he didn't want to come to visitation. Did I handle the situation appropriately? 

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sirkokobean
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

how old is your son?  That is who you should be worried about.  The younger he is it will hurt him but he will get over it easier.  Older children understand that it means daddy does not want me.  

Yes you did the right thing, he need to grow up and take care of his son, not go out 

aisome73
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I totally understand what your dealing with.  I deal with my hugschildren father all the time in this situation. No i don't think you handled it wrong. The next time he asks to pick up your son, i wouldn't tell your son his father is coming until your ex calls you and states he is outside. This way it saves you the heartbreak of seeing the disappointment on his face when he doesn't show.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
If you live off welfare, can't drive, have no Job and are not In college, then what in the fuck were you doing at a club??? Who had your children? You need to take a look in the mirror, you are projecting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
3 moms liked this

every mom deserves a night out.  You can't tell me you don't ever have someone babysit your kid(s).  She is pissed because he didn't take his child for the weekend because he claims he was sick and was lying and went out.  She is not pissed because he went to a club, she is pissed because he lied.  Pretty sure she doesn't give a flying crap what he does when he isn't supposed to have his child for the weekend.

Quoting marchantmom06:

If you live off welfare, can't drive, have no Job and are not In college, then what in the fuck were you doing at a club??? Who had your children? You need to take a look in the mirror, you are projecting.

imissmydad51
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Yes, his loss! He needs to grow up.

AAP1988
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow boy do you jump to conclusions!!! I am not on welfare. I don't drive due to a medical condition, and I am in college so I don't know why you assume. i actually am a full time college student. And my parents decided to take my children out for the evening to give me a break. Because I take all the responsibility to my children. 

Quoting marchantmom06:

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM
You are on welfare. You also receive food stamps and probably live with mommy and daddy and they take care of all the bills. Someone else provides for your children's, food, lodging, and clothing. You have a medical condition that is so sever you can't drive yet you were out at the club. Grow up.

Quoting AAP1988:

Wow boy do you jump to conclusions!!! I am not on welfare. I don't drive due to a medical condition, and I am in college so I don't know why you assume. i actually am a full time college student. And my parents decided to take my children out for the evening to give me a break. Because I take all the responsibility to my children. 

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futuremommy95
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I think you handled the situation appropriately. I think it's ridiculous that he would go to the club instead of seeing his son.

LadyVoldemort
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM
So you're out clubbing instead of being with your son...what's that make you?
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Dont feel bad this one person that likes to post nasty comments always needs to grow up and get a life she must be a very unhappy person !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)