Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What was she thinking?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

Woman charged with trying to kill 8-year-old boy

Police have arrested a Landover, Md., woman who they say tried to kill an 8-year-old boy.

Prince George's County police say they were called to the 6700 block of Munsey Street in Landover at about 8 a.m. and learned that Helen Marie Newsome had broken into a home there and attacked the boy, who has been identified in media reports as Jacob Soliz-Amaya.

ABC7 reports Newsome, 26, had been hiding in Jacob's closet for more than 12 hours before the boy's father left for work on Saturday, according to police.

Read full story HERE.

Police say Jacob is a "hero" for fighting off Newsome.

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disastermind
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I didn't read the article so maybe this info in in there but... why the hell would she even do that? Who was she to the child?

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

The boy was her ex-boyfriends son.  I guess she didn't take the break-up very well.

Quoting disastermind:

I didn't read the article so maybe this info in in there but... why the hell would she even do that? Who was she to the child?

disastermind
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well Jesus Christ, why not go after HIM if you're going to be all psycho ex? I mean, his kid. That's horrible.

Quoting nova.mommy:

The boy was her ex-boyfriends son.  I guess she didn't take the break-up very well.

Quoting disastermind:

monkeydavis05
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

poor kid, im glad he was able to fight her off. did she think that was going to make his dad want her back?! psycho.... smh

LectioDivina
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

So now she's a psycho, and someone who got beat up by an 8 year old.

Nice move.

hds_02
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM

That's just insane.

opal10161973
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Why was the 8 year old left alone?  WTH?  I mean, she's batshit crazy and all, but why did the child have to run to a neighbor's house for help?

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM

IDK, good question.

One report on the radio said it was the childs mother that called 911.

Quoting opal10161973:

Why was the 8 year old left alone?  WTH?  I mean, she's batshit crazy and all, but why did the child have to run to a neighbor's house for help?

CutieCrab
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM

surprised 

uno-knowme
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM

WoW!! defenately a pshyco!!  people are getting crazier & crazier... SMH!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)