Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My Toddler Isn't Allowed Full Days

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
My 2.5 year old goes to Montessori. They won't let her stay the full day because she won't nap. They claim the rest of the kids nap. I'm kind off pissed off about it. I mean, they're very expensive as it is. Moms, what are your thoughts on this?? I talked to one of the moms on a field trip once and she says her daughter attends full days--and doesn't nap!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobinChristine
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are they expecting a 2.5 year old to nap? If they need the nap to succeed at a  full day then IMO that is too much for them.

A bit off topic but  my special needs son in 4th grade was expected to nap at least 30 minutes,I put a stop to that quicky

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:48 PM
In all day cares I know all children are required to nap until age 4, and then they must be able to lay quietly. If she only attending half days you should only pay half cost. Why isn't your toddler still napping? She should still sleep 2 hours a day at the least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM
My daughter is a "busy" toddler, I guess. She won't nap no longer how long I leave her in her room. She is very inquisitive and sensitive to her environment. She was non verbal up until a few months ago and is now a chatter box. I just think its odd to paint all kids with the same brush. She goes to sleep at 7...
KikiB85
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM
My son stopped making after a year old. If he napped he would never go to bed. When he started day care I begged them not to let him sleep and if he did to wake him up after 45mins. Your kid Is def not the only kid not napping.
KikiB85
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Making= napping....autocorrect lol
disastermind
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest son isn't required to nap at his preschool. They have a table the kids that don't nap can sit at and play quietly or draw pictures while the other kids are napping.

cupcake_mom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Who says they HAVE to take a nap for. 2 hours a day? My 2.5 year old functions just fine with out a nap. If she naps then she doesn't go to bed on time, even if she naps for only 30mins

Quoting marchantmom06:

In all day cares I know all children are required to nap until age 4, and then they must be able to lay quietly. If she only attending half days you should only pay half cost. Why isn't your toddler still napping? She should still sleep 2 hours a day at the least.
countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Would they allow her to stay if she layed quietly and looked at books during that time?  I know some kids grow out of naps earlier then others but they still need the quiet relaxing time each day to settle their bodies and minds. 

allycally
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM
If she is interfering with the rest of the class I can see why.. I've had kiddos that scream throughout most of nap time or run around,no matter how much u redirect them they still do the same thing.
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM

If she can just sit or lay quietly, I don't see a problem.  They don't HAVE to nap - some kids drop naps at a year old so they can't expect all kids to be the same.  At DD's school, they have nap time (she's 3) but if you don't nap that's fine - you can sit quietly or lay there quietly and rest.  They have no issues with that because you can't force a kid to just nap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)