Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

stuck on the boring dinner train.... fresh ideas?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so i am probably the most boring cook on the planet and quite frankly i am tired of it,.. but i need some ideas!

i am a working mom so i dont usually get home until 5-630 depending on the day so i need ideas for either quick but deliecious meals or meals that dont lose quality if prepared eariel then frozen and reheated...I am extremly predictable with my meal planning and its starting to get on my nerves lol... it is not uncommon for our house to have a meat a starch and a veg... 5 out of six nights...  its generally pork chicken or beef, with pasta rice or stuffing, and then corn peas carrots.... almost always... please ladies help me out!!!

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Godfrey
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM

noone? really :( please help... another lovely night of steak tips pasta and corn... sigh

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Put a brisket in the crock pot with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a cup of water.  8 -10 hours on low.  Shred the beef and just keep it in the crock pot.  I serve it on buns with bar b q sauce.  side of coleslaw and some potato of some sort.  I do oven baked wedges but they take an hour.  

Google pioneerwoman.com for some great ideas

Mrs.Godfrey
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM

mmm sounds delish :)  i love my crock pot... i havnt used it in so long... coming into winter maybe i outta utilize it again

So_Devious20
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Bump for ideas!
So_Devious20
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Have you looked on pinterest? They have really good recipes.
Mrs.Godfrey
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM

i swear i have used pintrest for everything... but food... why didnt that cross my mind XD

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM

We really like these crockpot recipes. My hubby works super early in the mornings and I go to work at night and can't cook to save my life, so these have been a life saver b/c I can make them and they are ready for him to finish up and feed the kiddos.

http://thefrugalgirls.com/2013/06/recipe-for-chipotle-chicken.html

Make sure to scroll the whole page for a few different flavors.

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Do you have a crock pot? You can make a big pot of beef stew, chicken stew, pulled pork and freeze it.

On a weekend you can make a pot of stuffed peppers and freeze those. Peppers, hamburg, rice and tomatoe sauce. Takes a couple of hours to cook on low.

proudmomalexis
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
italian beef in crockpot... beef roast beef broth 1 jar gardinara mild.. envelope good seasons italian dressing. 1 1/2 cup water... add water broth gardinara italian dressing.... place roast in crock pot cook on low for 10 + hours. shred serve on fresh french rolls/ bread.... You can also make Boneless ribs in crock pot. add ribs bottle of your favorite bbq sauce 1/2 cup water. cook on low for four hours.... hope these helped
Mrs.Godfrey
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM

apparently the crock pot is the favorite of choices :) i guess i will be spendin some time preparing some recipes to try before i go grocery shopping this weekend :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)