Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Dredding hubby's crazy friend being in town

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

So my DH knows this guy seince middle school, but mid-colleage he moved away to florida, but still kept in touch with dh, from time to time he comes and visits, but it's getting to the point where I'am dredding having this guy around, As soon as his feet touch down in my city, Iam married to a high school kid...Exmaple: last time dh was so wasted for the whole time friend was in town!!...AND I had asked him to please watch himself, but yet he went on acting like a teanager!! He got a call yesterday by his friend telling him he'll be in town this weekend! So of course dh is all happy and gitty but IM NOT!!! because I know whats coming!!

OK, so I know his friend came first before i did!! That's a friendship I will never be able to break,, All Iam asking is for dh to act his age! I have tried telling him before, but he ends up doing it anyway!

Is there any advice anyone can give,,,

Thanks for reading!

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Id tell them to get a hotel and not come around you if he is drunk.  Id also tell my husband i dont respect him when he acts like that.

mamav2215
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

my husband has a very similiar friend. not as rowdy as you are making yours to seem. but they're the closest i've ever seen two guy friends. It get iritating cause he'll call and my DH stops whatever we're doing to chat. but mostly i am just happy he has such a great friend in his life and has for such a long time. He's actually never visited us (we moved out of state) but when we got home... it's much like this. I have to remind him that we're also home to visit family. :) But thankfully his mom LOVES this friend and his wife so they'll come over for dinner too. They can get too drunk and act like idiots but realistically it's one weekend every now and then and usually pretty far in between. They're not doing things to get arrested for. So i just decide to let him enjoy letting loose. He works hard and so does his friend. I'm sure that if we all lived int he same place this would not be a common occurance. 

ingrid198
by Ingrid on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:54 PM

This. if he will not watch his behavior atleast dont do it around you and your kids.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Id tell them to get a hotel and not come around you if he is drunk.  Id also tell my husband i dont respect him when he acts like that.

25 year old SAHM of two beautiful babies, Aiden july 5, 2008 & Sophia April 6 2010!

Dee0886
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM
This.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

sunflower37
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM

My husband had a friend sort of like your husbands. This man cures every word he says and don't care if it's around women or children. He's favorite word is f--- it. My husband acted like he saw nothing wrong with this behavior. So I politely stepped in and told this friend if he didn't stop with all this bad talk ( I said a couple more things but I won't say it on here) he wouldn't be allowed to come back to our home again. I haven't seen or heard from this man in about seven years but I think when he does come to town my husband goes where he is.

uno-knowme
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Mm... good advice's... defaneatly having a talk with dh,, before friend shows up! Or they cold both go stay in a hotel...    nerdy

rosesink
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:36 AM

If the friend is still not "grown"  rent them a hotel room and let them party there

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Get wasted with them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)