Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

2 almost 3 year olds tantrums

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 5 Replies

What have or do you guys do for a 2 year (going to be 3 this winter) throws a tantrum and does a hy pitched screeching? We have tried time outs. SHe jsut screams crys and bangs on things. I'm thinking that her having 2 sets of parents (her birth father and his wife and me and my new hunny) dont help. But please help. I have tried talking to her birth father about it and he states shes a prefect little angel. Please any advice would help.

Annie Bangel

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AMRios
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Don't give into her demands when she has a tantrum... Tell her why what she is doing is wrong and show her that will not get her anywhere or anything... Reward her when she does something good/right and explain to her when you are nice you get to do this or that...

Tyst
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I have tried that but it seems to make it worse! :( 

Tyst
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:35 AM

she is an only child on both sides, do you think another child in the picture would help? there arent really any where we live.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Umm no it doesnt matter about the 2 parent things because ours just has one set and she screams, kicks, hits, etc. heck her nicknames range from Bashee to Tantrum Queen and she is 40 months! It's a matter of not giving in to the tantrums, distracting her and teaching her the right words to express her frustrations.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:11 AM

No an additional child will cause a whole other set of issues--good and bad. Yes maybe a play group or preschool so she can learn to share and socialize may help but that isn't always the case either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN