Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Diaper Cakes ??

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

My DIL is having a baby in February. Her shower is next month and I would like to attempt a diaper cake. Can someone please tell me what all I would need to complete one? TIA

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
xcheapxbeautyx
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM

They're really easy to make. Depending on what you're looking to include, they can be spendy. I have done 3/4 tiered ones that are themed. I have also done gender cakes that are pretty basic. The basics pretty much are diapers, ribbon, and a lotion or something of that sort.

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I like the ones from the honest company.  Maybe google it and copy the picture?

KikiB85
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Mobile Photo

I used diapers, mini hair rubber bands (clear) , ribbons, onsies and bought a lil toy to have at the top of the cake. Once I rolled the diapers up I used a riund cake pan to stand them up in whileI tied the ribbon around it.
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Look for tutorials on YouTube or pinterest. You would need diapers, I recommend newborn size so she can use them right away. Then you can put bibs, pacifiers, teething ring, diaper rash cream, stuffed animal, anything small.
etsmom
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I made this one for my sister. It really wasn't hard, but it can be expensive. Look on Pinterest to find cool diaper cakes and you can get a list of supplies off the websites. This one cost me about $60 to make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN