Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

When You're Sick, Do You....

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 25 Replies

When you're sick, do you....Get this crazy urge to clean?

I have a pretty bad cold, but whenever I am sick I can only sit for about an hour before I get up and start cleaning!! My main thing is my floors...I can't help but steam all the floors and carpets in my house.

Am I alone here?

sweepinghot flash

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catevincesmom
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

When I'm that sick, all I wanna do is sleep. 

PinkButterfly66
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I never, ever get the urge to clean when I'm sick.

LuckyLady0427
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Part of me wants to sleep, but when I lay down my head starts to pound :/

Quoting catevincesmom:

catevincesmom
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I know the feeling.  Does the steam from cleaning the floors help?  Sometimes I sleep w/ extra pillows, propping me up in a sitting position.  Hope you feel better.  :-(

Quoting LuckyLady0427:

Quoting catevincesmom:

LuckyLady0427
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

No, the steam doesn't help :( I just can't sit too long, and i guess i feel dirty with germs so i feel like i need to sanitize my place. I'm going to try to pillow thing tonight. Thank you for the well wishes :)

Quoting catevincesmom:

I know the feeling.  Does the steam from cleaning the floors help?  Sometimes I sleep w/ extra pillows, propping me up in a sitting position.  Hope you feel better.  :-(

Quoting LuckyLady0427:

Quoting catevincesmom:

SWEET737
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Even though I am not feeling good, I still feel like I want to cook , clean, and everything else I find to do. My husband says I can't seem to keep still . I may take a quick nap( if I am able) but then I am  up again finding something else to do.

LuckyLady0427
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM

It's nice to know I'm not alone! :)

I steamed my floors and I'm finally sitting but I still want to do laundry or something LOL

Quoting SWEET737:

I know exactly what you mean. Even though I am not feeling good, I still feel like I want to cook , clean, and everything else I find to do. My husband says I can't seem to keep still . I may take a quick nap( if I am able) but then I am  up again finding something else to do.

SWEET737
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

My son asked me if I ever diagnosed with ADHD? When I was pregnant with my last child, I was suppose to be on complete bed rest but I still couldn't keep still. I tried, but it was so hard. I know it's easier said then done but try to get as much rest as you can. Get yourself a nettie pot if you are congested and drink hot green tea or lemon and honey tea. Elderberry Syrup is good for building up your immune system. You can find it at CVS. I hope you feel better.

LuckyLady0427
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Thank you SO much!!! I have been taking raw apple cider vinegar shots, drinking warm water with lemon, and black and green tea. I will try the soup! Thank you for the well wishes and advice!! :)  

Quoting SWEET737:

My son asked me if I ever diagnosed with ADHD? When I was pregnant with my last child, I was suppose to be on complete bed rest but I still couldn't keep still. I tried, but it was so hard. I know it's easier said then done but try to get as much rest as you can. Get yourself a nettie pot if you are congested and drink hot green tea or lemon and honey tea. Elderberry Syrup is good for building up your immune system. You can find it at CVS. I hope you feel better.

miraclemom20821
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I will sleep but than I will wake up and start with the bathroom and go through the whole house- so no one else gets it. I think its to avoid it going around and round .. feel better if your still sick...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)