Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you send your child to school with a hole in their jeans?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you send your child to school with a hole in the knee of their jeans?

Options:

Sure, why not?

No way

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 220

View Results

My son ripped the knee of his jeans the other day and my husband said we have to buy him new ones or he'll not have any to wear to school. It's not against the dress code to have holes in their pants unless it's in an area that makes them immodest, so why wouldn't he be able to wear them? 

Is it okay to send your child to school with a hole in the knee of their jeans? Would you?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:13 AM
7 moms liked this

Heck, they sell clothes with holes in them so why not? I like for my daughter to have a few good pairs of jeans but it does not bother me if she wears jeans with holes in them to school. I used to love my holey jeans.

zoo003
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

If my kids attended a school where they could wear jeans (they have to wear uniforms to their schools), I personally would not send them to school with holes in the knees.  While this is what I would do, I would not judge anyone that decided to do it though.   

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this
My kid is three years old. If all of her clothing needed to be in perfect condition every day, she would have maybe five outfits. That's just crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

No. Not unless I bought them that way. You know, distressed jeans?

DACIA79
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM
If we are talking about jeans fine by me I remember wanted wanting jeans with holes in them but my Grandma was not having it. My kids are big enough to decide but if they wear uniforms I would throw the torn pants in the trash.
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

No I would not.  It used to be more of the fashion to have holes in the jeans but its not so much anymore.  I teach my kids that part of being a good student is respecting the job your teachers do.  Coming to class neat, clean and organized is part of showing respect.  

catevincesmom
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you do like a neat patch?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Many are made that way. Of course my girls wore ripped jeans. About every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dalbax2
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM
4 moms liked this

Patch them.  I personally didn't have money to keep going out and buying new jeans every time theirs got a small hole.  If the ass was blown out then yes........toss them.  Otherwise, patch.  I still patch mine if I can.

lilbit53009
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM

yes, as long as their policy wasn't against it and the hole wasn't in the butt or anything

i have jeans with holes in them (that i bought that way)

but my son has a uniform at his school, so no i couldn't

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)