Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I’d never clean my kids’ rooms for them.

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 31 Replies

Did you ever promise yourself this before you became a mom?

Come and join the fun at the:sunglasses mini

KymberleeAnn's Corner for African American Women

Or the Adorable Ladies group

www.cafemom.com/group/118327

www.cafemom.com/group/118542 Adorable Ladies Link

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Yes and I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BatMom.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM
No..because I knew I'd clean it until my Son was old enough to do it Himself.
He's been cleaning His room since age four; He's six now.
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM

No, because I knew that up until a certain point my kids wouldn't be able to clean it themselves; and also, I figured there may also be times when for whatever reason they may not be able to.

Mrs.Godfrey
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:50 PM

no my children are in charge of cleaning their rooms... though once in a while it gets  "moms clean" because lets face it noone does it like mom does it lol... though that is not often at all

bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:21 PM

No, but my kids clean their own room and are in charge of it. But if it does not get cleaned on time, I do take everything in their away from them. But not because I just want to clean it.

My bff dd is almost 8 she has never cleaned her own room once in her life, or cleaned anything, no chores no nothing her mom believe she nees to be a kid so she does it, it irritates me, but hey not my problem. lol

coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM

No. I still do it ...well partly they chip in now as they get older. They will eventually get to do it themselves of course. My mom never gave me chores or taught me how to do housework,I never want my kids to be that way. Dh literally had to teach me everything when we first got married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM
No lol. But I do get frustrated and end up cleaning it for them..especially middle dd. She's a slob.
KymberleeAnn
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:24 AM

:)

Quoting Anonymous:

No lol. But I do get frustrated and end up cleaning it for them..especially middle dd. She's a slob.

gr8d8n3mom
by Gr8d8n3mom on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Yes, I said that, and I have not, well when they were small "we picked up the room together".

As teens they had to do it themselves. They had a time limit and if they didn't do it, I went in with those large green/black trash bags and throw everything they had on the floor in them and was heading for the trash. 

Then always met the deadline after that!

EmaleighH13
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Yes! But I am a clean freak, so of course after the kids are down sleeping, I run around and play clean up for a few.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)