Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do violent video games cause behavior problems?

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine has taken away her son's video games saying that they're making him act out. As long as I've known her, her son has always acted out and the games aren't the cause of that.

Do you think violent video games cause behavior problems?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Replies (81-84):
kidlover2
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
This. If my 4 year old daughter watches more than 30 minutes of Dora or Blue's Clues, she is a mess for the rest of the day. Whiny, miserable, throwing tantrums, and physically attacking her older sisters. We halfway jokingly say that she is allergic to TV. Some kids can't handle the TV regardless of what is before their eyes.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I think it really depends on the kid.

mewebb82
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I remember reading about a year ago about a study conducted of the effects on behavior in preteens and teens. The study actually concluded that video games make children calmer with the reasoning that they give children an outlet for the extreme emotions that are part of prepubescent and postpubescent age groups. I can't remember who did the study, but I remember it being done at a reputable university.......maybe Harvard?

livenlovelife47
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:43 AM

If a child has behavior problems to begin with, its probably not a good idea to let them play games that could help fuel the fire. However I don't believe children who don't have behavior problems should have their games kept from them. If it poses an issue then do what you think is best. However don't just use a game as a cop-out for their behavior.

SissyAnn141
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Quoting livenlovelife47:

If a child has behavior problems to begin with, its probably not a good idea to let them play games that could help fuel the fire. However I don't believe children who don't have behavior problems should have their games kept from them. If it poses an issue then do what you think is best. However don't just use a game as a cop-out for their behavior.

I AGREE.........

The problem, is with-in the family ?

Maybe, not MOM or DAD ?

Seek and look else-where, ....

Who spends time and alone time with the child ?

BOO !!!!!!!!!!!                                                        

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)