Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you live up to your own expectations?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

When i was younger I had this image of how my life would be: I would wear a pantsuit to work, carry a briefcase, wear glasses, answer phones, and write important E-mails. I would marry a handsome man, live in a big house, be an amazing cook, and do it all without chipping a nail.

This turned out to not come true LOL but I think i have far surpassed my expectations:

I wear pajamas to work. I own my own company and my employees work from home, as do I. I wear glasses, answer my phone, and write important E-mails.

I am marrying a handsom man and we are building a large home. I'm a decent cook and my nails don't chip because I don't paint them :D

What was your vision, and your reality?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I didnt really foresee my career but that i would be married with kids and live in a houe with a pool and I have all of that but am disappointed career-wise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Vision and reality was somewhat true. Getting married young at 23. Not having kids till 30 and being financially secure first and owning a home.
Did not foresee moving constantly but that was not a bad thing really.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Ha, that I would go to medical school and be a doctor. I never really dreamed about a family or marrying when I was young, oddly enough.

I am in nursing school, 3 kiddos, and married to a great man.

Lol, not quite what I envisioned, but I wouldn't change a thing.

1frog
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Nope, not at all. Nothing in my life has turned out the way I thought it would when I was in my late teens/early twenties. I wouldn't change a lot of how it did turn out though.

LuckyLady0427
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I like the way you think!! Financial security is important to me, too! Esepcially when you want kids. Good for you, mama!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Vision and reality was somewhat true. Getting married young at 23. Not having kids till 30 and being financially secure first and owning a home.
Did not foresee moving constantly but that was not a bad thing really.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Well I wanted to marry young and have kids young then stay home with them until they were in school then become a teacher. Unfortunatly I am now disabled and will be unable to fufill my dreams of becoming a teacher even after my youngest starts school.

LuckyLady0427
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!!! :( hugs, mama

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I wanted to marry young and have kids young then stay home with them until they were in school then become a teacher. Unfortunatly I am now disabled and will be unable to fufill my dreams of becoming a teacher even after my youngest starts school.

poshkat
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I was going to be like carrie bradshaw but instead I'm a stay at home mother, which has led me to discover talents I never knew I had or would have even thought of
destinys1
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I never had expectations in life. When i got married i let my husband lead the way. Now i regret i let him lead the way. We should of moved closer to work. My husbands long commute to work is painful sometimes.
ingrid198
by Ingrid on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I saw myself as an important and talented designer, maybe working in a city or trendy urban area, wearing pencil skirts and slilettos to work and having amazing hair (cuz i would have the time to style it every day). Id be married to a handsome and wonderful man, we would have a beautiful house and both pay the mortgage, id have my car he's have his and one to share for family outings. Thought id have 2-3 kids but always pictured one child holding each hand it just looked so amazing to me. Id balance work and being a ahnds on mom seamlessly enjoy a glass of wine with hubby after the kids went to bed and have amazing sex every night.

hahahaha

reality. I'm 25, still working on that design degree! i have two beautiful children and im a stay at home mom so my personal aspirations have been on the backburner for now, but school is definitly a step in the right direction. i wear jeans and t's a lot, sneakers or flats my hair is rarely blown out and almost always in a messy bun. I dont have any financial "independence" as a stay at home mom i dont contribute to bills let alone a mortgage and my own car...yet!

We are in an apartment but are closing on a house at the end of this month!!! I have a wonderfully supportive and loving husband that has been there for my son since day 1 :) i'm a lucky lady! Things happened in reverse. baby, marriage while 2nd baby was in the oven all by age 21 but when i complete school my kids will both be in full day elementary school and I can focus on my dream job! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)