Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GROSS!!! pregnant ladies!!!! ***ETA in red

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was at the pool one day, and there was a woman there - VERY PREGNANt and in a BIKINI I was absolutely disgusted!!!!  On top of that she had about 18 month old girl in a BIKINI.  I would never put my kids in a bikini that young!! 

I was really disgusted. 

HELLO-THEY HAVE MATERNITY SWIMSUITS - THAT IS WHAT i WORE

Just to clear things up - I think that pregnancy is a beautiful thing, HOWEVER I don't want to see their nasty stretch marks or the mother's belly button sticking out because they are so big- YUCK!!!  That should be covered up. 

This beautiful baby growing INSIDE is great - Can't see through the nasty belly sticking out though. 

Your opinion is yours - mine is cover it up it is not beautiful or sexy to have a huge belly sticking out with your belly button turned inside out!!  LOL

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Replies (41-50):
fatcat0908
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Honestly, everytime I see a lady here post about her disgust of anyone in a bikini, it's like a flashing neon light that screams, "I LET MYSELF GO AND NOW I'M SO INSECURE ABOUT IT I NEED TO HATE OTHERS THAT TOOK BETTER CARE OF THEIR FIGURES"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM

That is an exteme assumtion!!!  I am very pround of how I look.  I am very fit and active.  I am also thin. I am 5'7" tall and weigh 120 pounds after 2 children.  Mostly muscle because we are a very active outdoor family. 

I have an opinion that it is gross - I think that a VERY pregnant woman (not recently pregnant or just starting to show some pregnant) are EQUALLY AS GROSS as someone who is EXTREMELY overweight wearing a bikini.

It is just an opinion - not a psychological reflection of me. 

Sorry - your assumption is wrong. 

Quoting fatcat0908:

Honestly, everytime I see a lady here post about her disgust of anyone in a bikini, it's like a flashing neon light that screams, "I LET MYSELF GO AND NOW I'M SO INSECURE ABOUT IT I NEED TO HATE OTHERS THAT TOOK BETTER CARE OF THEIR FIGURES"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Yeah but it IS psychological reflection of you.
You just described yourself physically and because of how you LOOK, you feel as though you're better than someone who isn't as physically fit as you.

Before becoming pregnant this time around, I was 118 lbs at 5'7", after having twins and yet, my head wasn't so far up my own ass that I got disgusted with someone who was/is heavier than me.

Quoting Anonymous: That is an exteme assumtion!!!  I am very pround of how I look.  I am very fit and active.  I am also thin. I am 5'7" tall and weigh 120 pounds after 2 children.  Mostly muscle because we are a very active outdoor family. 
I have an opinion that it is gross - I think that a VERY pregnant woman (not recently pregnant or just starting to show some pregnant) are EQUALLY AS GROSS as someone who is EXTREMELY overweight wearing a bikini.

Quoting fatcat0908:
Honestly, everytime I see a lady here post about her disgust of anyone in a bikini, it's like a flashing neon light that screams, "I LET MYSELF GO AND NOW I'M SO INSECURE ABOUT IT I NEED TO HATE OTHERS THAT TOOK BETTER CARE OF THEIR FIGURES". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

So nothing can be disgusting or gross you out because you dont or cant have opinion about it?  I think it is gross for verry pregnant ladies to wear  bikin  It is an OPINION!!!!

Just like it may be someone's opinion that sushi is gross or roadkill is gross.  SAME THING - AN OPINION 

Quoting Anonymous:

You just described yourself physically andt because if how you LOOK, you feel as though you're better than someone who isn't as physically fit as you.

Before becoming pregnant this time around, I was 118 lbs at 5'7", after having twins and yet, my head wasn't so far up my own ass that I got disgusted with someone who was/is heavier than me.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is an exteme assumtion!!!  I am very pround of how I look.  I am very fit and active.  I am also thin. I am 5'7" tall and weigh 120 pounds after 2 children.  Mostly muscle because we are a very active outdoor family. 

Quoting fatcat0908:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I find pregnancy attractive, and pregnant bellies are sexy to me. I don't wear a bikini myself, and I don't allow my daugther to wear one. I have modesty rules and we just don't do it, but I wouldn't at all be offended by seeing a pregnant belly at the beach or pool.

ILoveBeingAMom1
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

For some women, a one piece isn't really an option. Some women are uncomfortable as it is being pregnant, then not all women can wear one pieces. I can't because my torso is too long for them. I couldn't wear a one piece during pregnancy because then it would have looked like a thong. I doubt anyone would want to see that. I personally just chose to wear a t-shirt,sports bra, and shorts to swim.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I believe you said that a pregnant belly in a bikini is equally as gross as someone who is overweight....you clearly worry too much about other people and their goings on.

Saying that a pregnant belly in a bikini is gross isn't anywhere near comparable to someone like me saying that sushi and roadkill are gross....its comparing apples and oranges.

Quoting Anonymous:

So nothing can be disgusting or gross you out because you dont or cant have opinion about it?  I think it is gross for verry pregnant ladies to wear  bikin  It is an OPINION!!!!

Just like it may be someone's opinion that sushi is gross or roadkill is gross.  SAME THING - AN OPINION 

Quoting Anonymous:

You just described yourself physically andt because if how you LOOK, you feel as though you're better than someone who isn't as physically fit as you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fatcat0908:

smorgan865
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I would never buy a maternity bathing suit to wear just a few times. If I was pregnant during swimming weather I would have definitely worn a bikini.

Vamp
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

as lon as the kids bikini is a cute bikini its ok...I would let mi DD wear a bikini and its easier for her to go to the bathroom too.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I went to the pool every day after work during my first pregnancy, I wore two piece bathing suits (not bikinis though, just personal preference) There's nothing wrong with having your pregnant belly exposed. If you don't like it, don't do it yourself. I generally don't buy maternity anything, and have gone through three summers being pregnant and going to the pool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)