Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

a lot of you think this is trashy...why?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 103 Replies
2 moms liked this

If you smoke marijuana you are trashy... according to many moms on here who have critizised another for posting that she smokes for medical purposes.

I personally dont smoke, but for some reason it just pissed me off. 

Trashy has a lot of meanings but finding and using an all natural plant for pain or medical reasons seems much healthier and less risky and trashy than people who use pain killers which are not only dangerous, hard on your body,  have stronger side effects, and can be addictive.

in most states, marijuana is illegal.. A plant that cannot kill you, has no additives, is not addictive, and will not be harmfull if your child accidently swallows some. 

It is proven to help with anxiety, sleep apnia, pain, and much much more. 

hydros, oxys, anxiety meds, depression meds, and sleeping meds have things that can damage your insides, have scary side effects and or allergic reactions, become addictive, and are very toxic if over used or a child does get a hold of them. 

SO I ask... How is marijuana trashy? 

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SinaiJ
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM
8 moms liked this

It's not, chicks are just judgmental. And clearly need some to calm the fuck down themselves ;o) haha

AWallewein
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM

SERIOUSLY

kidlover2
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Trashy is not the word I would use for it. Depending on the "why" of the usage I would go anywhere from "good idea" to "ehhh" to "idiotic" to "selfish jackass"
AWallewein
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Great way of putting it! 

Quoting kidlover2:

Trashy is not the word I would use for it. Depending on the "why" of the usage I would go anywhere from "good idea" to "ehhh" to "idiotic" to "selfish jackass"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM
5 moms liked this
It's not trashy, but it is illegal in most states and that's setting a horrible example for one's children, even if they don't see it happening. As parents, we are supposed to teach our kids to follow the rules (and laws), so if people are smoking it illegally, it's hypocritical (assuming they teach their child right from wrong).
Okie-chick
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Not trashy because ANYONE can smoke it. From super rich to super poor. But the stereotypical person to smoke it and doesn't use it for medical reasons,are usually the very lower class. You say you smoke marijuana I instantly picture white trash or ghetto in a trailer park or one bedroom filthy apartment. Although I know that's not always the case
Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 2:42 AM

if you smoke a little once in a while responsibly i dont think its any different than having a few drinks once in a while responsibly.
if you use any substance all the time because you feel you 'need' it to be happy or calm or functioning  - no matter WHAT the substance then i think that is a problem.
in any case i wouldnt say "trashy".  that word doesnt fit in any of it for me.
and honestly if it were legal for recreation and i knew i wouldnt be taking any risk in purchasing and smoking it i would robably smoke it once in a while the same way i have a few drinks once in a while when i am able to do so responsibly. 

danie24
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing trashy about it.

I'd much rather see someone smoke pot than take pills for their ailments..

And I'd rather see people smoke pot recreationally than drink alcohol.
Especially young people.

Alcohol is deadly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I would never teach my child to blindly follow rules and laws simply because they are rules and laws, I will teach my children to use their brains and encourage them to trust their own judgement. There are times when you follow the "rules" and times when you don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not trashy, but it is illegal in most states and that's setting a horrible example for one's children, even if they don't see it happening. As parents, we are supposed to teach our kids to follow the rules (and laws), so if people are smoking it illegally, it's hypocritical (assuming they teach their child right from wrong).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM
If it is prescription then no. I do think getting high all the time is trashy, yes. Just like drinking a lot and getting drunk is trashy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN