Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I "kidnapped" a 13 year old girl today and just may have saved her life.

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 70 Replies
7 moms liked this

Disclaimer: I know many of you are going to either bash or say its a troll but I'm going to share anyway because I think things like this deserve to be shared.  If you have something negative to say to me about my post in MC from Tuesday then leave it on the post from Tuesday.  I will answer questions (reasonable ones of course). And don't ask me for news articles. Not everything makes the news and this just happened TODAY. 

I was out for a drive with DH (oh yea, I got married) today (I should have known nothing good could have come from that, nothing ever does.) . I pulled up at a red light and I heard screaming and a loud smacking sound. I look out of my window and this woman is beating the ever loving shit out of this girl (who is 13). And It was not just a spanking. She was slapping the girl across the face with the belt and just hitting her wherever she sees skin.  I hear the girl screaming "NO, STOP, NO" and crying so I screamed "HEY STOP" and honked my horn. The girl bolted across the street and banged on my window telling me to help her. She had welts all over her face. Her mother came over and grabbed her and started beating her some more for running to the car so I pulled over and honked and screamed again. DH was about to get out and get between them but I told him to stay put because we didn't know if she had other weapons. I didn't want to confront the mother so I called 911 and told them what I was seeing. Every time the girl would get free she'd run to my car and bang on my window and scream at me for help, so DH unlocked the door for her to get in. Her mother tried snatching her out but she managed to get in the back. Mom at this point is banging on my window and threatening to break my glass so I told her "Hey, back up. The cops are coming and when they come I'll let her out" She starts banging on my windshield and I knew it wasn't safe to be there so I told the dispatcher (who was still on the phone) that the girl was in my car and that I was driving her around the block because the mother was threatening to smash up my car (I gave them my liscence plate and the type of car).  They told me okay

I drove the girl around the corner and we asked her what happened. She told us her mother was beating her because she got into a fight at school and was defending herself (so both girls got suspended). The other girl was beating her up, and she fought back so her mother was beating her.  When the police finally came and knocked on my window they had already detained the mother. The cops saw the welts on the girl's face and one actually said "Her mother did that to her?" The ambulance came and I asked if I could go with her until they located a family member. They said yes.  I didn't know until we got to the hospital that she had got beaten so hard that she was bleeding across her back. 

Now she's with her aunt. Her aunt hugged me and thanked me for not just watching it happen. I gave the little girl and her aunt my number and told her to call me anytime she has a problem.

I've been home for 2 hours now and I seriously hope they don't give that girl back to her mother but I feel I may have doomed her to living in foster care or something.

I am okay with spanking but to beat the shit out of your kid like they are some stranger who stole your purse is uncalled for. Especially beating them for NOT allowing someone to beat them up. If my kids had defended themselves I would have given them a high 5.   

What would you have done?

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I would never get physically involved. I would have called everyone and anyone I could think of and watched just to ensure nothing else was being done to the girl and to ensure she doesn't pass out or something in that nature.
lalalily
by New Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM
11 moms liked this

I say you're a hero in my book. No child deserves to be beaten. I believe in spankings on the bottom with your hand but what that woman did is nothing but abuse. Hopefully her aunt can take her in instead of her ending up in foster care. you rock

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a big mouth and I also have children who were abuse victims. I couldn't, in good conscience, just sit there. The people standing around filming certainly weren't helping. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never get physically involved. I would have called everyone and anyone I could think of and watched just to ensure nothing else was being done to the girl and to ensure she doesn't pass out or something in that nature.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I think you did the right things and thank-you for doing it.I would have helped her too.

proudmommy690
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Wow. So awesome of you to help that girl and save her!! Huge hugs to you and that girl.
famiglia_bella
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I say you rock! Too often people stand by and do nothing.  Unlocking the door and driving to safety was selfless and smart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I agree with everything you did.
boys2men2soon
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM

You are a Rock Star!!!   

BatMom.
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I see nothing wrong with what you did. That poor girl. I'm so glad you guys helped her.
Congrats on getting married, by the way.
babie113
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM

wow poor kid im glad you helped her out i would have done the same thing .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)