Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of gassy babies

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 20 Replies

Please help! My baby girl is one month old and very gassy. She has been very fussy all day and it looks like its gonna be a long night. What remedies helped your little ones?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I used mylicon drops. They worked so so. Just had to deal really and let her grow out of it. She screamed for 2 hours every night for weeks.
jaylonsmommy26
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM

We tried those and she throws them back up for some reason. It sucks when they are in pain and you really can't do anything to help :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I used mylicon drops. They worked so so. Just had to deal really and let her grow out of it. She screamed for 2 hours every night for weeks.

CafeMom Tickers
artemisa3001
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I had that problem, my DD would wake up crying in the middle of the night and then, she would let gas out and stopped crying.

A mom suggested probiotics.

I looked it up online (this was 5 years ago... probiotics were not that popular), printed  a study done in Europe and brought it to my pedi, he told me to try them and I found some in Wholefoods and mixed them with a little bit of water and problem solved.

Mylocon didn't work for mine.

Good luck

Sister_Someone
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I changed the brand of formula I used. Turned out that was the problem all along, and it was all done and resolved when I switched.

Sorry if that doesn't help you.

sweetspice03
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM

A gentle tummy massage, along with bending the knees and bringing them up to the tummy worked for my kiddos.  It moved the gas down, and they let it rip (and I mean REALLY rip).  

Sam1683
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Put a little cinnamon in her bottle. I was a gassy baby and that's what my mom did with me I in turn did it with my son. It really works naturally to break up the gas so she can get it out of her system. Bouncing the helps to.
jaylonsmommy26
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Quoting sweetspice03:

A gentle tummy massage, along with bending the knees and bringing them up to the tummy worked for my kiddos.  It moved the gas down, and they let it rip (and I mean REALLY rip).  

Lol, thank you :)
CafeMom Tickers
Snakecharm
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:09 AM

if she's bottle fed, put gas drops in her evening bottles.

jaylonsmommy26
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Quoting Sam1683:

Put a little cinnamon in her bottle. I was a gassy baby and that's what my mom did with me I in turn did it with my son. It really works naturally to break up the gas so she can get it out of her system. Bouncing the helps to.

Oh wow, I had never heard about the cinnamon. We are definitely gonna try that, thank you :)

CafeMom Tickers
Snakecharm
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I agree with switching formulas as necessary... we had to go from Similac to Enfilmil Gentlease.  There's a product called Windi that could help too if it's  a big problem.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Windi-Colic-Reliever-Babies/dp/B00BEX1P56/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380456680&sr=8-3&keywords=windy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)