Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should you do this or shouldn't you?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 14 Replies
My accountant who I have know forever keeps inviting me to his bed. I have met his wife last year when we went on his boat together and I feel so bad. As much as I would like he knows I had marriage problems last year. He is like my best friend we talk about all kinds of stuff, his wife apparently is not giving none now. But he was very sick for 2 months a the beginning of this year he almost died. He needs a new heart. What should I do? Once I go there there no going back.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Really?  Don't go there.  How do YOU know what his wife is or is not doing?  That is the single most common lie men give when cheating.  "My wife is a bitch and she wont' sleep with me, we're practically estranged!"

If he was miserable he'd get a divorce.  If you were miserable you'd get a divorce.  Then you'd both be free to do what you want.

I would get a new accountant.  It is EXTREMELY unprofessional of him to be dallying with his clients.  I wouldn't trust a man like that to handle my finances at all.

lilwaterlily
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't go there.  It's inappropriate.  If he's trying to betray her, why wouldn't he do the same to you eventually?  Maybe if he spent have as much time trying to woo his wife as he does you, may she would be putting out.  Women sense things, and my guess is, he's not giving her much attention and he sounds quite scandolous. Don't put yourself in the position of getting hurt.  There are plenty of great guys out there, this is not one of them.

Melissa Wheeler

VWatson411
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
No way!! I hope you're not seriously considering this. His heart isn't your responsibility. He has a wife. Supportive or not. You have a husband, like it or not. If you both aren't happy. End your relationships you already have with your S/Os and then be together. Not before. Not ever before.

I hope you're not expecting sympathy here!
momz608
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Yes I guess for a second it was sympathy but I haven't done anything and I'm not going too. But it was tempting for a about a second

Quoting VWatson411:

No way!! I hope you're not seriously considering this. His heart isn't your responsibility. He has a wife. Supportive or not. You have a husband, like it or not. If you both aren't happy. End your relationships you already have with your S/Os and then be together. Not before. Not ever before.

VWatson411
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not trying to bash you in any way, so let me say that. But c'mon. Think about it. Sure it's tempting. Esp when your own marriage has seen better days but nothing good can come of this. My advice... Stop talking to him. Stay away, as said before - find another accountant, end friendship, all you need is 20 seconds of courage, to do the right thing. Tell him if you must BUT Don't look back. If you don't do this the invitations will continue and who knows what you'll do then. Be stronger than your urges.

Quoting momz608:

Yes I guess for a second it was sympathy but I haven't done anything and I'm not going too. But it was tempting for a about a second

Quoting VWatson411:

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Really??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GertieK
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Are you kidding me?  You even have to ask?  He is married.  Apparently you are married.  Sad it is even being considered.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM

NO!!!

storkradio193
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I wouldn't.

MajikMcGuffin
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM

If you enjoy those times when you remember the stupidest choices that you ever made and regret making. Go for it , this would add another one of those times for a stroll down memory lane. If you don't like those strolls down memory lane then don't do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)